Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Exterior - I use Meguiars shampoo with bilberry wheel cleaner.

Interior - Bucket with water and a little Flash. I don't like shiney dashboards.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Detailing world is what you want! The amount of products that are available are huge and lots of people will reccomend different things, so the best thing is to try a few different ones and use what you think is best!

For the record I use Meguiars Gold class shampoo with a wash mitt. Dry with a Dodo Juice microfibre towel, and use Poorboys or Meguiars wax[Y]

·
Registered
158 Posts
There is a detailing section on this forum that is fairly active and the search function brings up lots of posts on various products.

Meguiars:

Gold Class Shampoo (my defacto shampoo)

NXT Tech wax 2.0 (Top up protection in-between big cleans) - it can be a pig to buff off sometimes!!

Quik detailer clay bar kit - often on offer, smells nice clayed my car fine.

Meguairs applicator pads, picked up at a good price can't complain.

Meguiars Waffle weave drying towel.

Iron X - Stinks to high heaven but impressive iron deposit removal (really does smell be careful with it)

Duragloss Wax remover, sometimes I tape up othertimes I clean off excess with this.

AGlym Fast Glass - Interior and exterior easy to use polish.

Poorboys Black Hole, (for dark cars, they do have one for light colours too)

Connelite Wax and shamefully I can't remember the name of the wax I bought.

Cheap-o microfibers for applying various things.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I had recommendations for other things so only recently bought my first AG product which I honestly quite like (Bottle nozzle leaks a little but the product works well)

There are people on here who swear by the entire range and while I would worry that they were a jack of all trades master of none they dominate shop space which must mean it sells well.

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
My setup for a big clean.

Megs Gold Class mixed with CYC Snow foam.

Megs Gold Class with Megs wash mitt.

Dry off with CYC Huge blue towels.

Glas with AG glass polish.

Plastic trim with Megs trim detailer.

Rubbers with AG rubber and vinyl care.

Tyres with Megs Hot Shine tyre shine or Megs Endurance gel (smells gorgeous)

Wheels with AG Wheel cleaner.

AG Extra Gloss protection.

Then 2 layers of either DoDo Juice blue velvet/purple haze or 2 layers of AG HD wax.

Result-

On a cloudy-ish day-

Any excuse to pic whore [whistle]

HTH

Peter

·
Registered
669 Posts
AG stuff is ok but when you start to look into it there is far better stuff out there for the same money.. What your asking it could take a day to answer mate there is so much and all the stages of getting a good wet look shine from your paint..

Theres washing, claying, pre wax cleaners, polishing, glaze, sealant, wax, wheels, tryes, detailing sprays and interior

At the min my go to Shampoo is Wolf's chemicals WS-1N

And Interior 303 Aerospace Protectant

Join up to detailing world you'll fine your answer there

·
Registered
158 Posts
Pete,

Nice looking ride! Your a little shorter than I imagined though if you dont mind my saying, younger too.

Pic whore moment I shall not pass up [:D] purely for product potential illustrative purposes I'm sure you understand.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Well im still getting id'ed for booze and everything! lol

Love the beading shot, looks surreal.

Peter

1 - 14 of 14 Posts