Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering which Meguiars product is best for getting rid of the annoying dashboard dust and what gives a nice deep shine to the plastics at the same time?

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Don't know about Meguiars but I use Mr Muscle Orange kitchen cleaner - works great on dust/autumn grime and smells lovely! I like my plastics to have a satiny shine which this does, guess you could buff it more for a polished look.

Anyway, I got fed up of forking out ??s for an array of products, figured there must be household stuff that would work just as well

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
first of all use a new paint brush with a hoover to remove all dust from nooks and crannies and vents, then use you still damp chamois leather (well rung out I will add) to wipe over all plastics dust will stick to it and not spread. I then use armor all low gloss protectant, as IMO anything shiny reminds me of a worn out taxi. The other option is some anti dust mr sheen leaves a nice low gloss finish

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
I use the Autoglym plastic and rubber cleaner. It's not bad but you have to wipe it off quick so you don't get that polished shine of a worn out taxi. I'm sure there are better ones out there.

·
Registered
186 Posts
i use autoglym fast glass - used it by accident when cleaning inside of windscreen and got it over dash and it cleans well and doesn;t leave it looking shiny - bottle even says you can use it on plastics etc. so no worries

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Just a plain damp leather, leaves the dash nice & matte, no windscreen refections then too. I may use a little AG interior shampoo once in a while too.

God i hate the shiney glossy look some people have, just devalues all the other hard work put in to the detailing.[:(]

On the carpet I sometimes use a bit of Dyson ZORB rubbed in, cleans them but also leaves a nice smell too.[^]

·
Registered
71 Posts
Steam Genie - nothing gets rid of the grime like high pressure steam and no chemicals. My cleaner says put the product on the cloth, not directly on the surface.

Has this forum turned into Woman's Hour ????????

........next week we explore the lastest patterns for knitted car seat covers [^]

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by jasonmymail on 06/10/2004 12:17:15

Steam Genie - nothing gets rid of the grime like high pressure steam and no chemicals. My cleaner says put the product on the cloth, not directly on the surface.

Has this forum turned into Woman's Hour ????????

........next week we explore the lastest patterns for knitted car seat covers [^]

COOL, is it one of those JML ones....lol[:D]

·
Registered
424 Posts
You could try wiping with a damp leather then applying Megs #44,if applied sparingley with a foam applicator pad.Wipe on,leave,then buff with clean cloth to reveal a natural even finish to interior plastics. You even get a nice leatherey smell.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks guys for the amount of responses in such a short space of time! I've picked up some really great tips there and its nice to see that people respond so quickly!

Thanks!

Posted Image

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Quote: posted by jasonmymail on 06/10/2004 15:29:23

Quote: posted by Jace on 06/10/2004 13:50:27

COOL, is it one of those JML ones....lol[:D]

Nearly - QVC [:eek:)]

& very nearly Price-Drop Tv too, how anoying are their add's[:(!]LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
However, SuperTDI, your interior is spotless...may look into the gear you use.

Well, you have the info. Einszett is german and certainly you have a nacional distributor.

My steering wheel and gear shifter are in leather. I've used a leather care product also from Einszett. Perfect touch, feel and looking new again.

I have to say that every surface in the interior (also in the exterior...) have a perfect touch - so smooth. I like it, a lot.

I also use their polishes - the best. I use their raindance shampoo kit - wonderfull.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts