Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey in the summer im going to trim my roof lining in a black cloth and trim my A,B and C pillors im not too fussed about getting the black handles (straight away) but will when i get time or comeacross some.someone on here told me about getting them shipped from germany for around ?90 but anyway what can i do with

seat belt clip up on the pillor?

can you get a black W8 lights with sunroof?

and last of all what can i do with the door rubber seals? as i have the grey/cream colour seal trim.can i buy these off an anni? and how much?

there will be the off thing im gona paint black BUT NOT the hanles lights ect will i have to laquer over the black paint or will the paint seal itself ok?

cheers and sorry for all the questions

gray

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so say if i painted some parts like my handles. would it peel off? and would i have to laquer them? i know ill have to paint some bits.

gray

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I am also going to do this and got a compleat price from a german dealer for all the black bits including the sunvisors and all the bits of plastic in black

for about 120 quod /200 ? this was not including the door rubbers

Door grips X 4

sunvisors X 2

seatbelt covers and clips X 4

screw caps X 2

sunvisor clips and caps X 2

and other little bits that are gray

Andy

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thats wicked mate. can i steal the contact info off you sometime? how much are the door rubbers?

gray

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
I dont knw the price of the rubbers but my mother had a good idea about putting them in the bath and using black fabric dye

i will try and fint the part number list he printed ou for me with all the info we would need [:p]

i feel a group buy coming on lol

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yeh GROUP BUY :)

iv thought about dying the seals but not sure if they would last and be permanent.. depends on price if there stupid expensive ill dye them...

gray

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
well lucky for me i have a company near me who will do my complear roof liner and sunroof including A b and C posts with alcantra for 200 quid

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i can beat that mate. guy by me who trim rear benches in cars for cobra said ?120 in that meterial and also fit a 2 guage pod in a pilloe and cover that in a thin sponge to give it a bit of oem spongyness... he does good work iv spoke about him on here before as he does classic car retrims too..

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Thats what this guy does lol

i have seen a Jag that he did in cream leather with red piping WOW is all i can see

Is he using REAL ALCANTRA or fake as the price i was quoted was for the real deal

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
not sure to be honest mate. all i know is he called it that and said its good /nice stuff and its black. also i can have fun drawing on my roof with it. know what i mean (you can brush the pattern differant ways and it makes marks lol).. ill ask him when i next go up though....

·
Registered
410 Posts
Why dont you trim them yourself its really not that hard. I have done many roofs and pillers even with some mad builds in and as long as you take your time and use a good glue its easy. Alcantra roofs do look good i did one in a golf not long ago but he wanted a grey so was easy to match the pillar builds.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i am mate. i jsut got a quote a wile ago to see how much and now iv noticed how easy it will be.(touch wood) me and my mate are gone do his and mine at the same time in the summer....

i just dont wanna spray anything black i want it all oem -ish lol

OH and what glue do you reccomend or any good spray addesive?

gray

·
Registered
410 Posts
When i do it i use a contact adesive thats heat resistive cause if you use normal pray glues when the car gets warm it falls off. If your using alcantra then its better to spray it on or could end up with bubbles and lumps where the glue is not even. Other than that its easy just take your time. Find out how much your getting charged for alcantra i might be able to get you a better deal as we get loads in for some jobs.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
mate i have not had a price for just the meterial yeh can you get me a price and pm me. it wont be till the summer though but a price will be good. im not to far from you either.also can you get hold of any other just normal black meterial? and a price for than?

yeh ill get heat resistive glue.is it easy to get hold of?

cheers

·
Registered
410 Posts
Sure mate will look into it for you as i am going to be redoing mine soon. Not sure if i want to go down the alcantra route as many people seem to be doing it but it will be black what ever i use so no problems. As for the glue i might even be able to get some for you letr me know when your ready and will sort it.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
ok thats sound dude. will be the peak of our summer. (you know the whole 5 mins we get) lol

how much do you think im looking at?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts