Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Makes a ?2.50 difference to me, but how does it effect you? And how would another few rises, say going up to 6% effect you?

Just interested really as I saw the BBC rporting people are going to have to lose their homes and I don't see how a 0.25% rise can hit them that hard, they must have over stretched in the first place? (Although they have gone up 0.75% in 6 months).

So what does the rise mean to you? Apparently ?16 extra for every ?100,000 owed.

·
Registered
2,735 Posts
In the short term I am better off, in the long term if they keep rising and the economy collapses then, yup I will be affected.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Not affected me, apart from my drinking habit, means I'll be 2 bottles of magners worse off a month, wow !

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Zero...also on a fixed deal.
Just interested really as I saw the BBC rporting people are going to have to lose their homes and I don't see how a 0.25% rise can hit them that hard
Typical media spin.?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
So what does the rise mean to you? Apparently ?16 extra for every ?100,000 owed.
Seeing as you posted this I'm not going to say, not letting you all work out what my mortgage is[;)]

Oh hang on fixed until next april so nothing [:D]

J.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Fixed till 2008 but would have been an extra ?1.97 a month.As graeme said, cant see how the increase would break anyone pocket.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts