Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all - in need of some help and advise!

I think i'm in the market for some integrated bluetooth setup in my 2007 Golf TDI Match edition. It came with the multifunction steering wheel and MFD (obviously) which has pushed me down the route of ordering a Kufatec/Fiscon unit.

I contacted Richtersports today and they quoted me £350+VAT for the Ficon basic, supplied and fitted. I contacted Cartronics and they recommended i go for the mObridge bluetooth kit and quoted me £495 to supply and install. Cartronics said "the fiscon unit's firmware does not update and has to go back to Germany which is a pain. The menu system is more logical in the mObridge as written by English speaking software guys. Sell 9-1 mObridge now."

I've seen lots of threads on this but nothing recently.. the Fiscon and mObridge seem very similar.. Can anyone confirm which is the best kit to go for? I've got an iPhone 3GS.. whether this makes a difference or not? Also are these guys the only suppliers?

On another note.. I have the original radio installed.. I see some people have upgraded to a touch screen radio which links with the fiscon/mObridge? Roughly how much should you expect to pay to do this? Just thinking whether i should upgrade the radio if i'm doing the bluetooth kit?

Many thanks in advance. Matt

·
Registered
40 Posts
ive fitted a fiscon for someone a few months ago and it seemed a really good bit of kit especially with the Rns510 as it can display your whole phone book, phone keypad etc and i think you can also stream your music from the iphone with it.

cant comment on the mObridge

a bit cheaper here mate http://www.fiscon.co.uk/volkswagen/golf-v-vi/fiscon-vw-skoda-basic-plus.html

check my sig for RNS510 prices

Nick

·
Registered
211 Posts
I was gonna go for fiscon but ended up OE.

The fiscons mic is not all that, its passive and you get lots of road noise, if you want voice control on the RNS you need a seperate OE mic, the extra boost and oil pressure menu you get is buggy and wont even work at all with petrol engines.

The only benefit over the OE bluetooth is it has ad2p streaming and is upgradable for new phones.

I never use to ad2p as the RNS can hold so much on the HD and SD card. If you want your phone book ect in the highline (red) you need the skoda 729b kit which is compatible with iphone and iphone 4.

All this is IMO of course!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts