Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for my 1st Mk4 Golf and after looking before and realising there was no hope for a 1.8t Gti. Yesterday i thought i would try a quote fro the hell of it and was surprised to get a quote of £700.56 Fully comped on Admiral!!

Considering i'm only 19 and been driving less than a year i almost fell of my chair. My last quote was £3758.27. The quote last till end of feb so i have time to get one. :)

:O Madness

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yer its mad and all my details were legit :S

I was gunna go for the 1.6 and then i thought i'd try.

To be honest though any mk4 golf would make me so happy. I havn't had a car for 2 Months now and i miss having a project.I had Pug 206 whichI owned a year and it had problem after problem and eventually died.

Wouldn't buy french again! lol

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
French [facepalm]

Go for a 1.8t if you can afford it, you will regret it massively if you get 1.4/1.6/2.0

Peter

·
Registered
113 Posts
have you got a confirmed monthly price for it? My mate got a quote for around the same from Admiral on moneysupermarket for his old car, but it said call for monthly price, when he did they banged another £800.00 quid on!

·
Registered
331 Posts
Im paying 1500 and im 23! lol

Peter
Ditto I am paying £1700 a year and 23 got a 1.8T GTi and it's my first car. You have to start some where however I have heard some companies like Admiral do a 10 month policy which helps you rack up your no claims quicker.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave admiral a ring and turned out it had somehow changed to my dad as the main driver, hence the cheap price. Oh well.

I think i'm gonna go for a 1.4 or 1.6 as i'm not paying £3500 insurance.

Not too fussed about speed, just cant wait to have a mk4 Project on the go.

:D

·
Registered
11,013 Posts
People are paying some seriously crazy money for insurance! [:O]

Just be a little careful with Admiral if you plan to make any modifications - they don't cover them like for like! [:(]

Wigster.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My quote for 1.4 was about 1400.

I know right people pay mad prices.

My older friend was like.. "You could get a loan to pay the insurance."

I was like fuck that! Yes i could own a 1.8 t if i reeeaally wanted to but at the end of the year i would have nothing to show for the 4000 pounds insurance lol

Not worth that sorta money!

·
Registered
106 Posts
have you got a confirmed monthly price for it? My mate got a quote for around the same from Admiral on moneysupermarket for his old car, but it said call for monthly price, when he did they banged another £800.00 quid on!
haha thats right, my quote of a grand im 23 for a 130 gt tdi PD paid off in a lump sum was not bad, i asked about monthly payments.......

"That would be £1989"

so 900 to pay monthly lol i just paid it off at once

yeah admiral dont cover like for like but yet you still have to pay to add modifications i dont see why they should charge me more when it gets replaced with standard...

im adding coilovers soon so will see how much they want for that

1 - 14 of 14 Posts