Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well as with everything, price has gone up, so with the current fuel prices & my new insurance price its time to sell my golf [N]. Gonna sell it cheap as not got time to be waiting for buyer and it does require a couple of bits soughting. Any idea's on price or anyone got any offers lol. I'll be back soon as funds allow.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Seems a bit extreme. What was the renewal price? Who you with, circumstances, etc.?
Lol if there was another way i'd do it, but money is so tight at the mo i cant afford to get another quote as they'll require a deposit. I currently pay 78 a month and now has gone past 120, due to me crashing my st24 last year, also insurance has gone up 30% on average, so no choice unfortunatly. Gutted but thats how it goes. I'd be happy with around 1800, but will find out what current value is.

·
Live fast, die young
1,167 Posts
think he means on starting a new policy they want a deposit mines due up in march im dreading it most people i know have been hit hard with the 30% increase this year though ,

on the other hand if your cars modded can you not sell a few mods like sound system or px your wheels or what ever to get what u need for deposit you can always get them again at a later date ive done this a few times when times have been hard beats selling your pride and joy though i think

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry, yes i was on about raising the deposit for a new policy, i'm currently trying to raise the money hard trust me, but everything as gone up. If i find a way, i'll defo be keeping her. But needs must, family commitment and so on.

·
Registered
381 Posts
sorry to hear that, mine is due in march and think i am going to have to take her off the road if it goes up...

as for the deposit, i've only ever had it whereby the first payment was slightly more, albeit my insurance used to cost me £243 a month and the first payment was £246...., £3 deposit effectively

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
go onto there website and get a quote as a "new customer" !!! Ibet you it be a lot lower than your renewal.. then take out the new policy and cancel the old one!

or phone and have a right old moan etc.. well worth a look try, anything to save a few pennies!

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
deposit? dont know bout that, i save over the year monthly then pay mine in full in one lump sum, cheaper that way

i take it youve tried all the tricks like ring up and say youve found it cheaper elsewhere so unless they canbeat it ur off?

then they say ill just speak to my manager, put on u on hold speak to no one then come back on and say they can do it cheaper.

got haggle, it cant hurt to try it

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
mine went up to £700! phoned around it went down to £455 with protected nc too going to get my mum to pay for it then pay her £50 a month or so cheaper that way if you can do it that way but defo shop around though i phoned and had a moan at my insurance company, they couldn't change price so off i go.

by the way i'm 26 an have 8yrs ncb and a student so money is tight also

Hope thats of some help

Ian

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks for the tips, well i have just under two weeks to get the price down, thanks for the tips all, i will try my best. Crashing the st24 lost me 2 of my 3 years ncb, weird i know, but still have one so not all lost lol.

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
Buy a Leon....

Its a golf with cheaper insurance....

Thats what I did. My PD130 Leon costs less to insure than my 110 Golf with the same company.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
but would that be the case with the cupra, do like them, but is there a forum like this one behind them lol. I'm thinking of buying a mk2 hood ride in any condition and just slam it and make it scrape lol.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts