living in manchester

every quote ive had is over 4k its a joke

ive been looking at tdi ses they seem to have a lower insurance

ive tryed everything

can any1 help?

·
Registered
512 Posts
Try adding someone to your insurance like a parent incase they ever would need to drive the car, has made it slightly cheaper for some people.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I know guys that are paying £3k or more for a 1.2! Ridiculous.

What companies have you been looking with and is the car with/without mods?

·
Registered
221 Posts
When I was 18 I got insured on my 1.6 for 1k but I live down cornwall so guess my post code effects it a bit. Also the tdi's are higher insurance groups than 1.6 so don't see why it's higher for a 1.4 I don't see. as some one said, put someone old and with a lot of noclaims as a named driver will bring it down.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Be a named driver on your dads for a year while you save for insurance.
Probably the best idea.
someone will be along shortly to say thats illegal he aint insured.

but seriously spend a few days going on every company's website and also phoning them it works. (if you are on the phone to them and they give you a quote then they will ask you whether your happy and then they can ajust the price slightly) computers cant!!!

i tried everywhere for my 90bhp tdi and was looking at 1800 everywhere.

but then i tried www.bell.co.uk

2 years ncb

no points or accidents

not really a good area

they quoted me £780 i think, which i was extatic about.

then once i got the quote i tried to change things around a little to get it cheaper.

it was cheaper to park on the street than in a garage.

its always cheaper if you have a partner and tell them.

and i had both my mum and my nan on my policy. this helped a lot but if it was my mum and dad on there it was more than without so it has to be older women on my policy but try everything.

danny

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
Be a named driver on your dads for a year while you save for insurance.
Probably the best idea.
someone will be along shortly to say thats illegal he aint insured.

but seriously spend a few days going on every company's website and also phoning them it works. (if you are on the phone to them and they give you a quote then they will ask you whether your happy and then they can ajust the price slightly) computers cant!!!

i tried everywhere for my 90bhp tdi and was looking at 1800 everywhere.

but then i tried www.bell.co.uk

2 years ncb

no points or accidents

not really a good area

they quoted me £780 i think, which i was extatic about.

then once i got the quote i tried to change things around a little to get it cheaper.

it was cheaper to park on the street than in a garage.

its always cheaper if you have a partner and tell them.

and i had both my mum and my nan on my policy. this helped a lot but if it was my mum and dad on there it was more than without so it has to be older women on my policy but try everything.

danny
Sorry, that made me laugh, does she ever driver your car?

They see her rollin, they hatin' [:DD]

·
Registered
4,107 Posts
When I first started I was with RAC and they let me be the main driver, but under my dad's insurance policy if that makes sense? Saved some money there. But I did live in the middle of nowhere. [:D]

·
Registered
83 Posts
Definitely try adding your mum and your nan... Some insurers ask whether they live at the same address and others don't. Knocked 25% off my mate's insurance when he added only his mum.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts