Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well its that renewel date again [B)]

Im currently with elephant and am 20yrs old and got 3yrs n/c bonus and drive a Golf 1.8T

Only thing i have insured extra at the moment is the wheels and the lowering springs.

Just wondered which Insurance company would be best to look with? Elephant is not to bad but its only for 10months and charge sh!t loads for mods ! [V]

Any suggestions ??????

Cheers

Desperatly need to save some money[:O][;)]

·
Registered
586 Posts
Try Adrian Flux or Greenlight. I remember Endsleigh being pretty cheap (when I was a student) but Im not sure if they are mod friendly, though I did have alloys on mine.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yeah i need insurance which is ICE and alloy friendly and thats about it for this year cos of cash anyway.

adrian flux = 1770

greenlight need one years no-claims which unfortunately i do not have

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
cool cool

Cheers guys ! Will have to do a bit or research at the weekend!!

Bad side to elephant is that its only for 10months and i keep forgetting that !!

oh and Joey - what engine mods ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Hmm, on the phone when i insured last november they said as long as i had pics of them on the car, reciepts etc then they will be replaced! better check my docs now!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
i'm sure the call centre people have a sheet in front of them with loads of contradicting information that they pick at random to tell people

·
Registered
907 Posts
Even Liverpool Victoria websites says that somewhere.

Need to speak to someone in person at Norwich.

Quote: posted by GreenBeast on 21/04/2004 14:24:43

their website says that cars must not be grey import, modified or more than 30 years old?????

·
Registered
92 Posts
Iam 21 and with admiral. I was with them last year and thought i would change this year. The best i could get anywhere else was £1500 from Greenlight. So i stuck with Admiral at £1000. I know its only 10 months but an extra 2 months isn't really worth £500.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Im with Egg at £760FC at 21, 4yrs NCB but I turned 22 last month. Egg policies are 12 months too. I always found Elephants quotes ludicrously overpriced for me, just goes to show its different for everyone - directline were next cheapest, then Tesco

EDIT: Quote me happy my ****! Just gave them a cal and Norwich Union won't cover anyone under 25 for my vehicle!

·
Registered
430 Posts
Sorry if I'm stating the obvious but by the way I've read some posts in this thread it seems like people can ONLY insure with elephant for 10 months? It defaults to 10 months on their online application form but this can be changed to 12 months and usually works out exactly the same as 10 months but with 2 extra months, in other words no more charges.

Apologies again if this sounds thick, Its just the way I read it.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Endsleigh seem pretty good. Im currently a student and looking to buy a 2000/2001 Audi A3 1.6 Sport over next month or so. I did a quote online and they rang me up nearly straight away and told me i was entitled to discount as a student and gave me a quote quite a bit cheaper than other insurance companies.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts