Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought would share this with all you guys I am disgusted at so many things.

the background to help everyone understand....firstly I am 22 I have had my
license for 5 years and drive for Tesco as a living. I have a sp50 14 day
disqualification that happened in 2009 and had a crash in 2010 due to ice. So
after all that I have 1 year no claims.

Currently insured through sky insurance and I thought as my policy finishes
at the start of February why I hadn't received any renewal papers. So rang sky
and at first seemed as if it was a paper error...no problem I thought so
arranged for one of the renewal team to give me a ring.

This is where the fun happens.... I was told that the companies they use won't
offer me a renewal price due to my sp50 and my crash and that was why I hadn't received
any papers. When I said wouldn't it be nice to send that out via letter he said
they didn't have to because they wasn't renewing anything!!! What a joke!! [:mad:]
DEFFO WONT BE USING SKY AGAIN!!!

So rang Adrian flux spoke to the modified departments... my car has rep bbs,
rear spacers and side stripes, that it no map no exhaust no nothing on power.
They quoted me £5grand approx for a fully comp policy and £1700 third party.
WHAT!!! I paid £1250 this year with all my mods declared how it has gone
through the roof this much... he said because your young had a crash and a ban won't
get it cheaper I was told.

So went to money supermarket spent 5 mins of my time on the laptop and got a
price of £1390 fully comp, the entire perks courtesy car etc and all my mods
declared!!

Now what's the deal?? I have now come to the conclusion that insurance
companies are con artists!! All my driving life I have told them everything
down to spraying grills, changing bulbs wipers the lot!! No wonder so many
people don't declare everything!!

Sorry but had to vent on here!

My advice, try every avenue normal companies and the big modified companies

·
Like A Bawwsss
25,247 Posts
[:(] bit stupid not sending out a letter. They insured you with it the first time so things must have changed? Seems stupid in all cases.

I always go onto the insurance sites and see what the cheapest is. Balls to ringing them all up as id be on the phone for a week.

Get reference no. for cheapest ones and ring them up see if alls ok.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Well said Matt lol, try being 19 they take the **** even more lol! But thats totally wrong for Sky not to even inform you of anything, that would of pee'd me right off

·
London Refurbs'
5,615 Posts
Insurance companies make me laugh tbh. Make me sick at the same time too i must admit.

Peter

·
Leon Cupra R Beast
3,637 Posts
I would usually agree.

But this year I'm with Brentacre

All mods declared, protected 9 years NCD, Breakdown Cover, Iffy Postcode area for a scratch over £500 [:D]

Jon

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what made me laugh was adrian flux... i rang them and said i had a qoute from admiral and said that when u ring them up they change and add things....soooo i rad admiral!! call centres in canada (WTF) [surrender] spoke to a lovely girl and she said nope the qoute stands with all my mods and ban and crash!! take that adrian flux!!

·
Registered
440 Posts
All insurence has gone up this year due to, too many pepole have claimed, I know some one who is 26 has a drink driving ban and a driveing with out insurence, and he payed £3000 for a R32. Inurence company's are greedy and are a joke, thats the meaning of insurence!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Tell me about it. I crashed my car 3 weeks ago now they wrote it off and told me yesterday my insurance was void because I did not tell them it was lowered. So list 2 k and how have a car I can't sell.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If we will not understand about the policy of our insurance company and will not clear about all then we have to face strange thing that we can't see in our dream that's why my advice for all please first read carefully about your insurance company policy otherwise you will say that is it joke?

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
Tell me about it. I crashed my car 3 weeks ago now they wrote it off and told me yesterday my insurance was void because I did not tell them it was lowered. So list 2 k and how have a car I can't sell.
Did you know it was lowered? If so it falls into the "hard luck" group. They are 100% right to cancel your insurance. Its 2011 , People have no excuse not to declare.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Dont get me started with insurance companies i lost 2 of my 3 ncb and my renewal is a little ott, struggling to keep her at the mo, but tryin so so hard

·
Livin' by the sword
5,180 Posts
Why didn't you tell them it was lowered? That would've ensured you were covered. If you're lucky you might get away with driving without insurance too if you don't advertise the fact on forums too much. [;)] Policey man sees your post, does a bit of investigation, you end up with 6 points and a fine. It's possible that your insurance company may also report you....

·
Registered
13,211 Posts
Why didn't you tell them it was lowered? That would've ensured you were covered. If you're lucky you might get away with driving without insurance too if you don't advertise the fact on forums too much.
Policey man sees your post, does a bit of investigation, you end up with 6 points and a fine. It's possible that your insurance company may also report you....
That has to be one of the DUMBEST things said on an open forum [lol-lol]

I just dont get why in hell people dont declare everything no matter how small it is as it will only cost you in the long run [facepalm]

·
Vendor
370 Posts
Always declare mods!

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
Well Im fairly happy with my renewal, down roughly 30% from last year and both the mrs and I picked up 3 points this year.

All mods declared, and it's cheaper to insure than the bm.

I don't get why kids are surprised when, they crash, they get bans, and yet they expect to be able to drive a performance orientated car.
Insurance companies work purely on statistical risk and your history.

If you're young, you have less experience, and different attitudes to driving that make you high risk. Sorry but you have to pay for that, or drive something small with no power.
15 years ago I was paying £800 a year to insure a 130hp hot batch at 28 years old and lots of ncd. I don't think the quotes people are getting are remotely unreasonable.

·
Registered
102 Posts
insurance is a joke! £3500 for a 150hp V5, £2300 for a 55hp polo mk2!

insurance should come with the plates like it does in america, or you insure the car not the driver like in poland or russia! works out much cheaper! oh well what can you do.....[:(]

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
Prices are on the rise to with insurance i think, i tell them the lot dont want to crash touch wood* and then lose the car and then lose a pay out or repair lol would be going crazy!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts