Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Pauper with big ideas
2,047 Posts
So, while fiddling about with my shiny new VCDS cables, I took a look at the Instrument Cluster's soft coding, trying to ascertain why my washer fluid warning doesn't sound at the appropriate time, and got a result I wasn't expecting.

The soft code I have is 17414.

Going off the tool-tip (below), and info I had from elsewhere, the last three digits were what I was expecting, but I wasn't expecting the 17, I was thinking it'd be 01, or 05.

51027380456_cd063826f0_z.jpg

I DON'T have a VW navigation system (aftermarket head-unit courtesy of previous owner, but the PR code list says the car had a Gamma radio unit only), so I wasn't expecting to have a +16 for the "secondary display". However... I DO have full FIS clocks and a multi-function steering wheel.

So my question is, can anyone confirm that the screen from the full FIS clocks counts as "secondary display" for the soft coding, or do I have BS coding on my cluster?

· Registered
25th Anniversary MK4 1.8T 180hp
25 Posts
FWIW, the secondary display (top part of the FIS) works as well with the Gamma radio and (probably) any other radio that allows to connect the green plug. Not only with the OEM navigation ;)

· Registered
3 Posts
Hello,
I changed my half-fis cluster with full fis. But I can't see the secondary display for radio (which is Gamma V) on full fis display. I connected these cables, In addition, although I made these connections and turned on the feature on the VCDS 17th channel and 50th channel, it does not work in the secondary display in the cluster.
Also, i am confused because the 8th pin of the green socket of the radio is already connected with relay 452 for mfsw. When I connected to the relay's 5th pin to the radio's 11th pin, the control buttons on the steering wheel are not working. But I can use buttons when i connected to the relay's 5th pin to the radio's 8th pin.
This time, since the 8th pin of the radio is full, I cannot connect according to the diagram in the picture.
Rectangle Font Slope Parallel Schematic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts