Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all.

Installing the pipercross today but running into some snags. the instructions make no sense!

we're in the process of attaching the kit to the car but it doesn't seem possible. we have a long and a short bracket, but have no idea how to connect them!?

Will post pictures

any help would be fantastic

·
Adrian
4,149 Posts
i got mine with no bits (£20 off my sisters fella) so i retrofitted it where the standard air filter would go, and made up an 'adapter' out of a PVC sink hole cover. And bunged the oil breather pipe with a wine bottle cork, ya know the ones with black plastic caps? perfect fit.

No idea what the proper way is, but this worked for me. a pic might explain things a little better:

Posted Image

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We worked it out in the end!

the instructions that came with it made shit all sense! took a while but we worked it out!

Sounds lovely, and noticing a slight performance increase too! Turbo spools up so much louder too!

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sootpig, have you noticed when you accelerate hard and change gear it sounds like a dump valve blowing off?! Mine does, tbh i like it! haha, granted i have a turbo anyway, but still. sounds good!

·
Registered
61 Posts
i need a air induction kit for my 1.8t gti.. which is best as i'm new to this k&n or pipercross i've seen one for £90
i need a air induction kit for my 1.8t gti.. which is best as i'm new to this k&n or pipercross i've seen one for £90
is that a good price anyone ???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Performance panel filter (Green or Pipercross) and VW DSG intake for the win bud, I wouldn't recommend induction kits, even if they do collect the air from away from the engine bay, the VW intake system does this anyway and it should have a bit of a ram air effect when driving along due to the intake being above the front grille.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
sootpig, have you noticed when you accelerate hard and change gear it sounds like a dump valve blowing off?! Mine does, tbh i like it! haha, granted i have a turbo anyway, but still. sounds good!
thats because your car does have a dv its a stock one that is not supposed to make any noise but when fitting an induction kit you get a slight pshh from the dv if you fit an aftermarket one lets say forge you'll get a more louder noise..

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
Just fitted a Pipercross CAI and a forge 007p and it sounds fantastic! I thought the standard dv was good with open induction! Would really reccommend anyone to buy a Pipercross CAI

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I Was looking into getting a forge at some point, although having the dump valve blow off sound without a beefy exhaust seems a bit pointless to me,

·
Registered
4,059 Posts
I Was looking into getting a forge at some point, although having the dump valve blow off sound without a beefy exhaust seems a bit pointless to me,
But with the Forge 007p and an open air induction it does not sound like a silly Subaru dump valve that blows signs over. Its a nice blow off and a not too much of a ott noise.

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i'm confused now as to which one to go for lol
i was the same, mate.

It's a hard one, some people say it makes no difference, some say it makes a huge difference. the pipercross viper is expensive but on the whole i heard great things about it. and as it's my pride and joy i didnt want to go the cheapo option, for all i know the K&N might be fine, its about £80 cheaper, but if i understand doesnt have the cold air intake. Although dont' take my word as gospel!

·
Registered
934 Posts
tevez2302 - have a good search on here and read a bit on it as there are so many differing opinions on this subject. Then try to come to some decision. I have panel filter (Jetex) with which I am happy. Induction will cost more and give you a 'nicer' noise.

·
Registered
61 Posts
tevez2302 - have a good search on here and read a bit on it as there are so many differing opinions on this subject. Then try to come to some decision. I have panel filter (Jetex) with which I am happy. Induction will cost more and give you a 'nicer' noise.
thanks Aaron mate ithink i'm gonna hold back on the filter for now and save up for a miltek cat back exhaust, any idea how much these set you back and where's best to get them from as you can tell i'm a novice modder lol

1 - 20 of 25 Posts