Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a load of new Ice from Vibe and a want to do an install. Where can I get info on how do do this. Or is it just something you think of yourself. I just want ideas mainly. I dont want to use Fibreglass and stuff like that.

I have 2 Amps and a 12" Sub with Box. I was thinking of a false floor. I still want a boot, but I want to hide the amps. Poss think of using the spare wheel well.

Help please.

Cheers

Dan

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
try www.talkaudio.co.uk loads of info in the faq section and people will be more than happy to help if you post up queries.

If you need any general info or help just give us a shout mate.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Alright mate, car looks nice at bluewater the other day! When you said you were thinking of using the spare wheel well, does that mean your gonna get shot of the wheel altogether? Cause thats what ive done in mine! Ive taken it out, built a round fibreglass box (can use wood if u wanted) and stuck a 12" sub in there.Then i made it flush with the amps so it all looks very tidy and neat. Then you could if u wanted put your original boot liner back in, and voila! its all hidden and looks like nothin is there! Ask BoraTom, he saw it on sunday and said it looked stealthy

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Gengar- after seeing yours its made me think of a complete redesign with my amps mounted in the wheel well (plus a second battery possibly) then a sub either side all made out of fibreglass.

Dan - if you want a hand running wires or just general install stuff I'm more than happy to come down and lend you a hand (got pretty much all the tools we would need in the boot at the moment as it's a mobile shed at the minute.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
try here for wiring tips www.coupe-sport.com and go to anniversay ice guide at the bottom of the home page, click and lots of lovely pics and text should open.

This is the guide I used to run my cables - just couldn't remember where it was till now

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cheers mate, i may do just that.

I'm think of creating a frame in the boot and laying down on MDF. I've seen a few installs and i don't want to use fibreglass. if anything i want to hide the amps and just have the box in one corner.

I'll see what happens.

Gengar i would like to see the install if you can post a few pics.

Cheers Dan.

·
Registered
574 Posts
I've been thinking about what to do for my install setup.

Posted Image

My mate saw this on DemonVW's site , and i think i might go for something similar, im thinking of two 12" JL Subs as it happens, so for practical reasons i may go for two seperate boxes, so that i can take one out if need be, and the amps can go on the side!

·
MK7 Golf R
1,011 Posts
Yeah its just like standard inside and you cant tell til you open the boot. All he has done is angled it to fill the back (angle of the seat back) and then gone straight down at the front so you still have a box.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I did a boot install in my polo (dead and gone), never finished it but i found that i could not completly hide the install in the summer becuase of the heat generated from my JL amp, the boot cover started to stick to the amp and i think it shut down once on a very hot day in summer when i left the cover on, in the end i took the cover out.

On my next car i have to find a better way of putting the amps on a false floor, so i can still use the boot for shopping.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The problem I have is that the box for my Vibe sub,(On Route)is huge. I don't want to take it out of the box because they are designed to work beter in the box. I was thinking about putting it in the spare wheel well, but i don't think it will fit. I don't even have the gear yet. So once i have it i'll have to do some homework on false floors.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts