Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Fritzel Basement Development LTD
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Lads,

Quick Q regards to running a baby seat in the MK4.

I cant put the seat in the front due to Airbags, read that its not safe disconnecting these manually or via Vagcom.

And the seat belt in the rear doesnt quite go round the seat enough to make it 100% secure.

What do you guys with baby seats do in the mk4?

Jason

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Recaro Young profi plus. It just doesnt stretch far enough when the belt is secured through all the clips on the seat?

·
Diesel Geek
4,089 Posts
I've got a maxi cosi baby seat and a Fisher Price one! both fit ok but it is a stretch for the Maxi cosi. Can't you get the recaro isofix base for that seat?

Pity I don't use the anni that much now both the kids prefer it to the passat!

Booster

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What does the Recaro base do? All it is with the seat-belt going through all the conenctions on the car seat it doesnt quite reach the seat belt buckle.

It's fine in the front but then i have the Air-bag issue so im not quite sure what to do?

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Is there any other options? It goes in the front fine just worried about the airbags?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
In the NS back, then get a headrest mirror which velcros to the rear headrest. You can then see your little lady from the drivers seat..

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seat belt extension should do the job cheers!
I'm not sure why but we put the recaro seat in the back and it doesn't quite reach round...

·
Registered
934 Posts
Its a rear facing seat isn't it so you cannot use it in the front with active airbags.

Have you got a switch in your glove box to turn off the airbags? If not I would have thought its just not feasible to use it in the front and an alternative will need to be found - maybe that extension thing or, dare I say, trying it again as others seem to fit them (though I imagine you have tried several times already).

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
think mine fits better as i have the The RECARO Young Expert..... i went for this one due to it lasting a lot longer than the one you bought...

we have a mamas and papas rear facing one when my little one was up to 9 months old then went to the recaro and it will last til she is 4.

But now will have to purchase another one for the second baby :)

·
3,362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Maybe should have gone for that one then..

I'll get the seat belt extension for now.. cheers.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got a maxi cosi baby seat and a Fisher Price one! both fit ok but it is a stretch for the Maxi cosi. Can't you get the recaro isofix base for that seat?

Pity I don't use the anni that much now both the kids prefer it to the passat!

Booster
It seems that you have experience with maxi cosi car seats. How good are they? Would you recommend them?

I'm on a hunt for a new car seat and after weeks of searching I've set my sights on the maxi cosi magellan. The thing is that people are highly neurotic I almost gave up on this seat after a few bad reviews on amazon. I've looked through a number of blog reviews and they are all hype. They neglect the drawbacks. After going through a few of them I've came across a different one that seems to actually used the car seat. After I read the maxi cosi magellan review i got a bit on the fence. It has some drawbacks that i haven't thought of. Should I get it or not? what's your take on it?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.