Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I think my first mod is going to be an induction kit. What is the best one for my engine? I dont care about what make or what cost I just want to know the most effective and worthwhile inductionkit for the V6!!

Thanks

Alexandra

·
Registered
70 Posts
If its any help - I'm going for an Carbonio induction kit in the next couple of weeks.

It draws in cold air from outside the engine bay, has a high flow rate and looks the dogs nads.

From AwesomeGTI's site:

Carbonio Cold Air Intakes
The
Carbonio system is designed to maximize the torque produced by your
engine. The natural extension of increased torque is an increase in
horsepower (hp). While the hp gain is nice, this system's tuned shape
will give you that increased hp for a longer period of time, thereby
allowing you to make better use of each and every gear. This is a
consequence of an increase in torque for over 10% of the rev range;
torque comes in sooner and tails off later. Compared to the stock
intake, our kit shows increased flow numbers of around 40-50%. More
interesting is the velocity at which the airflow in the system changes.
Our system is much more dynamic than the stock system, and thanks to a
specially textured inlet surface, results in a much better throttle
response.

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
carbonio,or evolution motorsport?????bothe look really good!i have an evolution motorsport that i won off ebay,but don't know how it'll sound on your car as i have a 1.8t!not even installed it yet,as my cars having some paint done,so can't really comment on the sound on my own car yet,either.still!something to look forward to,eh?

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
^^^^^^ carbonio or just uprate the panel filter. do a search and you will find the results of having both...

remember you get what you pay for and i know my mate has a carbonio on his vr6 and it made the car pull harder and the noise is to die for on a V6....

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ye I will get a carbonio one. Im fussy when it comes to things for my car....and i have expensive taste lol

·
Registered
194 Posts
Just upgrade the panel filter never been a fan of the induction kit...................

Performance wise makes very slight differnce as many power runs have shown on the rollers on various cars

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I just got a Pipercross VIS from Awesome for my GTI, they may do one for yours. Comes in at around ?240 but sounds and looks class.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a VTDA fitted to my V6 and I love it. Visit http://www.modshack.info/vtda.htm recommended by mokeylock. It is really easy to fit (15 mins), looks great, is available in ANY colour you want and was delivered from USA including customs for under 150 quid. It uses a K&N so you get a really good sound. The build quality is perfect and covered by a warranty. All the stats are on the website whether they're accurate I'm not sure but there's also loads of good picks of it fitted to the cars. The guy Steve was great and emailed me all the tracking details so kept an eye on it from USA to UK without any problems. Also other bits on the wesite that are worth a look at! This is my very bias opnion on what to go for!

·
Registered
114 Posts
Carbonio all the way for me!!!

Awesome fitted mine to my R32 and it showed 12 bhp increase on the rollers. RR figures taken from before and after fitting, and the runs were done within 45 minutes of each other!!

Cheers

Pab

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not feeling the K&N one. Can get stuff from the states easy coz my parents live there woohoo!!

I think the Carbonio one is the way forward! Shall be ordering it monday as soon as the money hits my account!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts