Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have one fitted but will soon be swapping it and the tape player for an MP3 HU and cubby hole setup, just wondering when i come to sell them, how much should they expect to fetch? They are both in what can only be described as mint condition with no scratches or marks! [^]

·
Registered
921 Posts
anyone know of any upto date prices on how much should expect for the 6-disc dash & radio/tape unit ?

Very good condition too!

Thanks

·
Registered
3,277 Posts
Up to a oner for the changer & slightly less for the Gamma I'd say.

Mind you the last time I looked was a couple of years ago.

Have a look at recently finished listings on the bay, there may be some recently sold.

·
Registered
3,289 Posts
There are some on ebay for £120 - but they're not selling! I'd say between £80 and £100. Gamma headunits are ten a penny, so £30 for that, with the code.

Although I got my changer for free [:DD] [:#]

·
Registered
921 Posts
ok thanks guys,

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
No chance in hell a changer is worth more than £70 these days.

As for the lead mentioned above, Whilst this is excellent news etc. Does it bypass the built in module that controls the factory sound? many say the Gamma head units have a factory setting built in that adds too much mid range or bass etc.

not worth adding a amp unless its been fed a direct full sound

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Those PC3-11 adaptors have been available since they first put Gamma headunits into VWs,so why after ten years would people suddenly start using stock units again?

Realistically a Gamma and CD changer is worth £50 tops,anbyone that pays any more should let the relevant authorities know that Dick Turpin has come back to life and is still comitting highway robbery.

Chris.

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
chris

As you have told me . the Gamma has set tone settings "built in" that cannot be adjusted. Using this lead will i get a "pure" output from the CD ?

cheers

Luke

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
chris

As you have told me . the Gamma has set tone settings "built in" that cannot be adjusted. Using this lead will i get a "pure" output from the CD ?

cheers

Luke
No I'm afraid it won't,the 11th post down in THIS thread says why I say this.

Chris

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Those have been available since they first put Gamma headunits into VWs,so why after ten years would people suddenly start using stock units again?

Realistically a Gamma and CD changer is worth £50 tops,anbyone that pays any more should let the relevant authorities know that Dick Turpin has come back to life and is still comitting highway robbery.

Chris.
Me personally there no way the stock stereo would be going back in my car, but as you have seen some members on here have because of this PC3-11 adaptor.

·
Registered
128 Posts
RJH, have u bought a head unit to replace your player and cd changer? if not would you be tempted to swap.

I have an Alpine CDE-9845RB MP3 head unit and cubby hole and am looking to get the same set up as you have. Let me know.

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
RJH, have u bought a head unit to replace your player and cd changer? if not would you be tempted to swap.

I have an Alpine CDE-9845RB MP3 head unit and cubby hole and am looking to get the same set up as you have. Let me know.
That original post was dated 2005,so maybe he doesn't read this site any more?

Chris.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts