Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had a search, but this subject has not really be discussed recently.

Im looking to have my 7610 in a dock, but preferably one which doesn't have too many screws etc making holes in my interior!

It's also paramount that it charges the phone too.

Any suggestion? (Pictures would be great too!)

·
Registered
120 Posts
look at the dashmount bracket. It fits in behind the trim with no holes at all in your interior. I'll take a pic of mine later

·
Registered
120 Posts
Yeah. you can purchase the cradle on its own and use your normal car charger or buy a complete car kit which will charge and give you full hands free

·
Registered
120 Posts
that is the lead going to the handsfree unit and the passive aerial cable(which i don't use). There is another port on the bottom of the cradle which accepts a normal car charger

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
yep thats the same setup as me

the metal bracket is from www.dashmount.co.uk

the phone holder is a genuine nokia accessory called a mbc-15s

the carkit plugged in the bottom is a nokia cark-7w

cost me about 125 including vat and delivery, expensive but IMO VERY WORTHWHILE in fact mates have been so impressed theyve had me buy the same kit for them

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im struggling to even find the original nokia in-car phone holder for my model (7610), can anyone post a link?

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im loving the look of the leather consles on that site above, gonna give them a call tomorrow!

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
feather muckers - how's my luck!

i hate these 'universal' efforts too, always choose the original option . . .

·
Registered
120 Posts
the dashmount website is very expensive. I got mine for ?15 locally. If you want one let me know and i'll see what i can do

·
Registered
122 Posts
Dashmount brackets crop up regularly on ebay. Expect to pay a fiver top, plus postage, another quid 50?

Nokia kits on ebay are never over 100 quid, brand new.

Check out www.nokia.com to check which kit you need.

If anyone wants a kit for the nokia 6310, i have one. It came with my pd150. It has a kind of dashmount bracket that sticks to the left of the radio.

It also has a full-on plug and play loom that mutes your gamma, and routes the phone through your radio's speakers.

p.m me if anyone wants to know more.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I recently upgraded to a 7610, and realised me old CARK 126 Nokia car kit was not going to be compatible [B)]

So i invested in a Nokia CK7W Bluetooth Car Kit. Now this kit does not provide a cradle etc which is a flipping pain.

So what i decided to do was to fix a ?5 simple cradle (EBAY) to my existing dashmout bracket. The cradle is very tidy and neat looking, it works by pinching the phone into the cradle. It does not move and stays firm.

I have run the optional hard wire cable from the brain to the passenger foot well, and if i ever need to charge the phone i just unwind the cable and charge her.

The kit works on the 'no wire' idea which is great, by all means keep it in your pocket and when the phones rings press the kits answer button. But if like me you want to see who you are answering the call to first, i found this simple solution to do the trick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts