Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

It seems that the general use of swearing has been on the increase. We have a swear word filter in place but it seems some of you still choose to circumvent this by using asterixs' or clever spelling.

We would like to politely remind you ALL that swearing, and now it would seem, the posting of videos containing excessive use of profanity, is not welcome on this forum. This has been an underlying rule for some time now and we would really prefer to see it stamped out. With the addition of the youtube posting tool it's now become apparent the rules will have to be changed to include this as well.

We're all capable of posting without swearing so please be mindful of what you are posting.

We have mentioned this in the past, but if the swearing does continue then we will start looking at deleting posts, not editing.

Appreciate that we are trying to run a clean and friendly forum here folks, and this sort of language does pull the place down somewhat....

Thanks

The uk-mkivs team.

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
Sorry people i think im guilty a tad as ive been a bit more open lately.. but at least i know the swear filter works [:D] now to just keep quite

Sat [y]

·
Registered
118 Posts
I know I'm new on here and shouldn't be saying much.

I can understand proper swear words being changed. Fair enough some people may be offended.

But................................I just looked back at a post of mine and realised that the word b a l l s (or sphericals) has been changed. What's that all about?

It was used in the context of someone "having the sphericals to stand up to a bully."

Tell me to go elsewhere if you like but this is a forum used by adults mainly. Who'd be offended by what i'd written?

Mods on a power trip?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
must say i've been a bit guilty of this at times, mainly on posts that discuss politics! all good to keep a clean and friendly forum,

but

lets not let the censorship get too out of hand, we're all adults after all.

As an aside, a local Christian drop in centre has changed 'Spotted Dick' to 'Spotted Sponge' on the menu, in fear of offending anyone.

As long as it doesn't get that rediculous and tedious we'll be alright.

Rich

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm with you on the censorship front, we don't want to come across as PC do-gooders and the majority of things we do allow. This must be the first bit of serious moderation we've done in a long time, so don't worry we're not tuning into a nanny state!

However there are certain things that just require a slight tweak here and there, hence todays announcement.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
i'm right behind you and fully unterstand where you're coming from, nothing wrong in reminding everybody of the rules now and again, keeps this place as good as it is

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
As far as I know the word 'balls' isn't blocked?

And used in the context you have quoted above we certainly wouldn't need to change it.
Did he just say balls.....

Tabs just said balls.[:p]

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
As far as I know the word 'balls' isn't blocked?

And used in the context you have quoted above we certainly wouldn't need to change it.
Did he just say balls.....

Tabs just said balls.[:p]
#

flip me, all this shoot is getting out of flipping hand. *** to you all, why don't you all flip off to some cabbage ing bazza forum and take your filthy mouths with you. this used to be a flipping polite forum now its going all self humiliation, lets pull it back to god damn gether.

you mother

LOL![:D]

sorry

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
** BUMP **

This is now getting beyond a joke [N] We've edited countless threads over the past week and even posted friendly reminders asking you not to swear. It's not beyond any of us to refrain from using swear words, or even
creative spelling to side-step the filter and we don't ask much of you
when using this website.

I'm sorry to say but if the level of swearing continues then threads containing such language will start to be deleted in their entirety.

Thanks

The uk-mkivs team.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts