Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

Immobilizer fault

4K views 13 replies 2 participants last post by  adam- 
#1 ·
Car cut out the other day. Vcds showing only 1 fault 00003 014 control module defective which is the immobiliser inside the instrument cluster i believe.
Anyone got any ideas or do i have to send the cluster off for repair.

#3 ·
Mate another headache now. I thought it was just a cluster fault.
On mine if you keep turning key it will start and as long you hold revs up it will stay running then cut out.
I got no other codes, and the immobiliser one being the only one. Was looking for bypass delete options

#12 ·
Ok so latest update. I have opened back seat up. I get no noise from tank pump. I have attached pics of wiring loom if someone can tell me which wires are supposed to show voltage.
Also lowered the relay from under dash and attached pics. Let me know which one to check and how.
Also disconnected line from tank at fuel filter turned ignition on and no fuel coming through
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Bumper Gas
Laptop accessory Office equipment Bumper Gas Audio equipment
Tire Bicycle handlebar Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

#13 ·
So latest update.
Charged battery overnight returned this evening after watching a few videos on YouTube. Pulled 449 relay out and used a jumper wire and car started.
Ran for about 3 minutes then died. Since then can't get it started again.
Tested relays even took same 449 out of horn relay and it made no difference. Someone suggested relay 100 in engine fusebox and so far all relays are ok. Voltage at relay box with relay removed started at 12volts and slowly went down to zero.
Haven't heard the fuel pump in all this time. So im. Quite confident relays are ok and its the pump.

I have a 5 pin connector if someone cann tell me which wires to test or possibly jump, i think i may get to end problem which is the pump, but just before l go and buy one test the wiring and the pump.
If anyone can help please

#14 ·
You never mentioned it was a MK5. You can use VCDS to turn on the pump. Worth doing that and then checking pump plug - it's the thicker two wires. Pump should run while cranking - worth taking the lid off the filter in the bay and seeing if you get fuel while cranking. If not, your pump is likely dead.

Sometimes a smack helps start it back up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.