Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon Guys,

I recently got rid of my MK4 but I have always found that the mk4 crew have always been up there with the most helpful in terms of forums so I am wondering if you can help me or point me in the right direction.

I am in the middle of doing a remote central locking on my polo 9n3. I have just had the flip key cut after 2 attempts and now it works on locks and ignition. My plan was to swap over the transponder from my spare and then code the new comfort module.

I am fully aware that if I do not swap the transponder over I need to get my key coded for the immobiliser but upon tested it in the ignition today the car started fine and continued to run? The Immobiliser light was flashing but the car drove fine.

Does anyone know why it was allowed to continue running? If it is not likely to cut out, I wont bother doing the transponder swap to avoid risk of messing it up.

Thank you in advance for any help 馃檪

VR6 GT35 4mo
ECU is immo off.

Worth noting that you can start the car with a known immo and then shut off and restart with a key with no pill within x minutes - it doesn't check immo pill status every time.

But yeah - if you can start the car without a pill coded the ECU is immo off.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks mate,

The thing I thought was strange is that I also have another spare with a broken pill in it. When using this key, the car just starts and cuts out again.

Have I just been lucky starting it with the freshly cut key?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@adam- i realised that I must鈥檝e started the car with the original and then started with the new key straight after. The memory from the first start was still there but the immo light remained flashing.

do you happen to have a link for vag commander download, I鈥檝e been to a million sites this morning trying to find it and I don鈥檛 even know what sh*t I鈥檝e downloaded haha

1 - 6 of 6 Posts