Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been think of selling my wheels as I have had them for nearly three years and they have become very popular on this site ( i have never seen them on a Golf in my area), I love them and I think they really look great on my car, but I need something different.

I guess they have become popular as al lot of people agree that they suit the Golf very well and they seem to be the main alloys being fitted to MKV Golfs and New Audi A3's.

This is my car at the moment:

Here are my options: ( not sure whether to go back to 18"s or stay with 19"s)

MTM's:

Rail Dayona Race:

Ace 218: ( I think these look like BMW 3 CSL alloys)

BBS RX2 in 19"s:

BBS LM in 19"s:

RH (not sure what they are called)

BBS ? (I would love these but I don't know where and I can just imagine how much they will cost - S**t loads)

Please give me your opinions and even recomend some other alloys you like... thank you in advance....

Cheers Kev...

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
I think you would be crazy to change but it's up to you mate, regards the wheel choice there ae so many options but I have to be honest and say that there are a fair few other motors with these wheels on?

If it was my choice, I would get the LM's.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ace 218: ( I think these look like BMW 3 CSL alloys)

you could always get genuine CSL wheels, a bora at totton park had them and they looked lovely!

personally i would go for the LM's or the BBS on the beetle or the Rials! Or if your wallet is very large then some BBS GT

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I'd go with the LM's with polished centres. They will look amazing on your car. I really want some LM's but I reckon if you have LM's on a golf they have to be 19's because the 18's look a bit lost, but at ?550 a wheel without tyres [:O]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Kevin the last picture is the BBS RS GT they do them in three different finishes diamond silver / diamond black and gold

18's start at ?453 per corner wheel only 19's at ?620 per corner wheel only.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Oh my.. the black ones would like the dogs bits.. but ?620 a corner... jesus !

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i'll be honest with you, and say if your gonna run your new wheels for daily use then DONT get the rials. The quality of them is poor. Mine have had to go back to germany TWICE now since buying them in feb, and they werent even daily runners. If it happens again im getting my cash back.

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Kevin the last picture is the BBS RS GT they do them in three different finishes diamond silver / diamond black and gold

18's start at ?453 per corner wheel only 19's at ?620 per corner wheel only.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Well done for finding them??.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

They Look great, but the price for the 19??s is just to much money to spend. The 18? would not be to bad, but I would prefer 19?s<o:p></o:p>

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I think you would be crazy to change but it's up to you mate, regards the wheel choice there ae so many options but I have to be honest and say that there are a fair few other motors with these wheels on?

If it was my choice, I would get the LM's.
I would love to have BBS LM?s but after doing so research, I think the 25mm offset would cause problems, as my BBS CH with an offset of 30mm is rather close to the arches, so if I get LM?s then I would need to get them rolled as the extra 5mm will make them stick out at the front.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

1 - 20 of 58 Posts