Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in Cumbria yesterday and on the way home, there was a 06 plate Golf on the other side of the road. I'm sure it had a GT badge on the front. It wasnt a GTI and the front looked similar to mine, but looked slightly different somehow.

As it went passed, I tried to read the badge on the back. There were loads of letters but we were both making progress and I couldnt make them out.

Have the new GTs actually arrived in the uk? I haven't seen one at the stealers yet and I cant wait to test drive the 170 PS GT TDi!

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I thought the new GT had the same front as the R32 less the chrome grill, I'm not sure if they are out yet bet both Seat and Audi list the engines now.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I might have seen an imported GT?

It might be that a 2.0TDI owner stuck on a GT badge and did a few subtle mods. It went by too fast to take it all in.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Last time I spoke to my dealer they said they'd have one in July.

But if the official launch is July then there are likely to be press cars and VW registered hacks being blasted about.

·
Registered
85 Posts
We had one delivered to our dealership today in silver 170ps diesle looks better than i thought in flesh but a bit of a parts bin jetta wheels and interior GTI rear exhaust.

Got our first EOS today aswell.

·
Registered
178 Posts
The red one looks really nice from the rear. When you get to the front you just think that it's a bit of let down... IMHO of course :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Saw a new 1.4 TSI GT at the dealers today (Gilbert Lawton Altrincham) - the sales guy told me it was a customer car as well. At least he seemed to know a bit more than the guy I encountered in their Manchester dealership who told me that they'd not had any prices through yet and that he didn't think they'd be available until next Feb. Needless to say, I told him that he could find the prices on the UK website.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Hmm... the 18" wheels must be the new 'Charleston' ones (?500 or ?600 option). Strange that the foreign plated black GT has no foglights.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Hmm... the 18" wheels must be the new 'Charleston' ones (?500 or ?600 option). .
I do like them wheels!!

Has anyone managed to get a discount on the GT yet?

Could be quite tempted if the money was right!

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
Has anyone managed to get a discount on the GT yet?
Yes, about 10.5% on a GT 2.0 140PS, that was through drivethedeal.co.uk so the car is UK main dealer supplied. I added about ?2,200 or so of extras (18" alloys, mettalic paint, 2-zone, armrest, hi-line, lux pack, winter pack) putting the cost well over ?20k but the the final price was ?18,139.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I live near Morecambe aa few miles south of Cumbrian border. When I was at the VW dealership on Tuesday I noticed they had a Black Golf GT on the forecourt, it did have the R32 grill. As I left later I pased it on the road.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Waiting on my black 140 GT DSG, due 1st Sep. Nice to see a few pics on here, as I haven't quite seen what it will look like yet!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Followed a new Black GT last week. Thought it was a GTI at first because I was just looking at the twin tailpipes. Then I saw the GT badge. It was a UK 06 plate so, there's obviously a few about now.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts