Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wondered if there had been a big car show or something and those were pics from it?

Lovely motors [:D]

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
To be perfectly honest, i do like a couple of them such as the one with the Neuspeed strut and the ABD cover along with the silverstone signposted one but people, people, what is with the ones of the plastic bad boy bonnet extension and that one with the tacky plastic eyebrows!! [:'(]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
To be perfectly honest, i do like a couple of them such as the one with the Neuspeed strut and the ABD cover along with the silverstone signposted one but people, people, what is with the ones of the plastic bad boy bonnet extension and that one with the tacky plastic eyebrows!! [:'(]
Thats what I thought too. Grim.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well as long as they are changed once in a while, at least we have a bit of variation even if they arnt compleetly to everyones taste?

My girlfriend was complaining they were always the same!

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Thats what I thought too. Grim.
its called personal preference. some people may not like smoothed bumpers, and r line kits......each to their own hey. and keep the negative comments to ones self. if you dont like them, then dont put them on your car, but dont mock others for being individual.

most of the pics are from the lastest essex meet........it was a good turn out, hence the pictures!

you may notice my car in the wideer angle "meet style" shot....

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
some people may not like smoothed bumpers, and r line kits......
Seriously, are you kidding with that one?? I don't know anyone who'd turn either of those down, or has said either of those look naff like the plastic eyebrows do!!

and keep the negative comments to ones self. if you dont like them, then dont put them on your car, but dont mock others for being individual.
Secondly, no i won't keep my opinions to myself, this is a public forum and we can approve or disapprove of any ideas as and when we like!! You've no right to tell people to shut it basically because they don't like something you've done, that's just insulting! [:mad:]

I don't like falling out with people on here, and so far never have, but i don't like being told what to do either!

But i mean come on, all of the shots you can use for headers of nice good looking MK4's, why pick ones with plastic eyebrows?? It just doesn't make sense and it does lend a cheaper feel to the forum! And i know i'm not alone with this opinion!

Why not go on Vortex and nick some good ones off there if you can't find any decent ones elsewhere, at least give others SOME inspiration please!! [;)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
But i mean come on, all of the shots you can
use for headers of nice good looking MK4's, why pick ones
with plastic eyebrows?? It just doesn't make sense and it does lend a
cheaper feel to the forum! And i know i'm not alone with this opinion!

Why not go on Vortex and nick some good ones off there if you can't
find any decent ones elsewhere, at least give others SOME inspiration
please!! [;)]
That's a bit harsh, clearly the people who own the cars (members of
this forum also, I might add), like the light brows. Whether or not I'd
put them on my own car, I happen to like the image in the banner. Not
everybody has unlimited cash to spend on getting full bad boy bonnets,
endless bodywork etc.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah i do realise that Cat, and it wasn't a dig at the owners at all, people are free to do what they like, but i just feel nicer banner images could be acheived with a bit more research! [:)]

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
Yeah i do realise that Cat, and it wasn't a dig at
the owners at all, people are free to do what they like, but i just
feel nicer banner images could be acheived with a bit more
research! [:)]
Feel free to make up some more and post them in the Suggestions Box thread then [Y] It's open for anyone to submit images

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I think I will do that Miss. C. [;)]

Im loving the one showing a road sign: Jordan to the left, Silverstone to the right.

Its mans ultimate dilemma, Women or Cars!

Hehehe.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Yeah i do realise that Cat, and it wasn't a dig at the owners at all, people are free to do what they like, but i just feel nicer banner images could be acheived with a bit more research! [:)]
Feel free to make up some more and post them in the Suggestions Box thread then [Y] It's open for anyone to submit images
Well i would but i don't know how to!! [:$]

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
its Tabs that selevted the images..........these are the ones i submitted........

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://www.graemelacey.co.uk/images/essex10.jpg

http://www.graemelacey.co.uk/images/essex11.jpg

and you know the ones he chose........so go moan at him instead of slating others cars. and incidentally, i'm not saying that cos the cars are mine, they aint. i'm just saying it cos i feel the forum is widely spread, and the headers reflect that. not eveyone wants the cheap alternative to a R32 bumper, so perhaps those with differign tastes may feel a bit more welcome, into what otherwise can be a very hostile and elitist environment, so i infact think it reflects the diversity of the forum, and would result in a wider appeal.

·
Registered
2,254 Posts
Im loving the one showing a road sign: Jordan to the left, Silverstone to the right.

Its mans ultimate dilemma, Women or Cars!

Hehehe.
I love that banner pic too, Defo go to the right, cant stand that woman..[:p]

1 - 20 of 35 Posts