Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back to the car park just now from work to find a lovely gaping hole where my driver's window should be.

The theifing See-You-Next-Tuesdays broke in and nicked my Apline radio and found the face in the boot! Im not bothered too much about the radio but im just fed up as it is really inconvinient, now im having to take more time off work to sort it out.

The car is fine apart from the window which is, i suppose good news at least.

Took some pics for evidence...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
387 Posts
[V] Don't you just wish you could catch them doing it!

Edit by Cat1.4 Please don't skip around the swear filter, it's there for a reason

Edit by Sarge. Please don't use someone elses idea of english to express my disgust. I'd love to know the reason

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Dont you wish you could catch em MMMM fingers in door Vinnie jones (lockstock) style would be my preffered method of punishment

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Sorry to here about your mis-fortune mate. With the added problem of having to get your window and stereo replaced, you will have to get the new window tinted. Sent you a PM mate.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Bucking fastards. Gutted for you mate, know how you feel. You'll be finding bits of glass for months now. I ended up taking the front seats out to get rid of it all.

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Sorry to hear that Andy, not a nice feeling at all. Hope you get it sorted with the least amount of agro.

·
Registered
639 Posts
arh andy, i feel for you bud.

its a pain and i would to lockstock them too but a least they didnt wreck all your hard work.

i get worried about my HU. i thing aftermarket ones with removable front should fit better.

just thought, could remove radio cage again and bolt HU from back. that should stop them gits.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all your kind words. Thing is, i have a baseball bat under the back seat for this kinda stuff! Not very handy when they do a runner though. Idiots.

By the way, how much do VW charge for a window? And do i have to take the regulator off to put the window in or can it be lowered down the door from the top?

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Andy, Give my Simon a call on 0208 341 0611 or Hasan or Dan on 0208 594 7277, they both run Golf spares, properly be able to get a window at a good price, than going to the stealers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
if you bolt it in they will make a mess of the dash then and break the stereo in the proses. Make it easy to get it out you would be more upset looking at a mangled dash every day as i found out by experience!! least they didn't use a screwdriver to get in rather replace a window than a door like had to do on my fiesta rs 1800. Hope you get it sorted soon! Good job weather was good to or you would have had a wet ass to

·
Super Moderator
3,497 Posts
Andy, isn't the window covered on your insurance? It'll cost you your window excess(usually ?50 and won't normally affect no claims). You don't have the hassle of fitting it either and they'll probably come to your workplace so no time off work.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts