Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have spent the best part of 2 days on the car over the weekend! Car has done 101,000 miles so has had its fair share of wear and tear, paintwork is 4 years old as it's a Y reg.

- It has rained inbetween waxing
- I have been shat on by two birds nesting nearby
- The birds also decided they liked my wax so decorated that while I was applying it
- Overnight dirty rain left horrible dusty brown drop marks all over the car
- My vains are nearly popping out of my arm and I will have to give the extra internet activities a rest [:D][:D]
- I have also been having numerous breaks inbetween and coming on here

Anyway, this is the result I have got and I'm not finished yet. This was from a good wash with diamondbrite shampoo, clay bar'ed, diamond brite stage 1 and 2, vinyl and rubber care treatment. Inside was done yesterday when I posted the interior pics and all inside the door tims and underneath the windows have been done with a toothbrush, diamondbrite washover conserved and chamois leather'ed dry. Neighbours think I'm absolutely insane! I'm starting to think I need a life too!

I've still got to coat it with the Vanilla Moose Wax and Poorboy's Ex stuff, when I can figure out where to get hold of the stuff that don't include faxing an order form and sending a cheque off!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Below is the bonnet from the side if you can't figure it out!
Posted Image

Posted Image

Comments would be greatly approiciated, especially from anyone who thinks I can still get a deeper wet look to it by using the vanilla moose wax and poorboys stuff.

Cheers, Graham.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Wow! That looks fantastic! [Y]

101K? It looks like it just left the factory....in fact better! I need to get some better cleaning products!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep 101k, just to prove it.....taken by my mate when we were coming back from Donny 2005 bout 3 weeks back or whenever it was. It was very dirty inside that day as you can see! Was nice to get a pic of this one though!

Posted Image

·
Registered
120 Posts
Looks great! Good work mate, definatly worth all the blood sweat and tears when the results are as good as that.

Indigo Blue is definatly the best colour[;)]

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks crackin mate! Did mine yesterday... it Sahara rained and ive got dried sand all over the car now! BOO!

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Very nice mate, as has been said it looks amazing for 101K! [:D]

If my Bora looks that good at that mileage i'll be a very happy bunny....

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
you just cant beat abit of claybar, car looks fab m8, and that
clearkote stuff is the dogs for making it look super wet, i love the
stuff!

·
Registered
737 Posts
That looks like new; my 2nd MKIV was Indigo Blue. It has always been one of my favourite colours but it used to scratch too easily imo.

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks for all the comments people, really appriciated [:)]

I was looking to get spacers but didnt in the end as I have to stop somewhere as I'm supposed to be saving for a place. If I get spacers, I just know I will then go and spend money on getting it lowered and buy side skirts...and then valances...and then exhaust. I'll never stop as I'm not very good at self control! They do look a little odd stuck under there though I'll be the first to admit.

Also, no one has told me if they think I could get a deeper shine...Oxford, Deadlock, Jace et all, where are you?! Can I do better?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Graham

Nice work , you must be proud[:)]

I like the 4th pic[st][um] (raindrops) looks good and strange

Agree about the neighbours. My neighbours must think I am nutter

I wish i had a private drive at the back of the house or a very big garage

Now that you have got it looking so good , you will have to maintain it[:'(]

1 - 20 of 33 Posts