Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you stayed in the US, what would you drive? Bear in mind the price of fuel and the fact that you can buy a V8 Mustang for UK Focus money....

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
That V8 rumble would be great. A V8 Mustang for me please [:D]. Would probably go for a Jap rocket when I got bored of it as the tuning parts and fuel prices are so low.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hired a few cars in the States. The best 2 I've had were a V8 Ford Expedition SUV (winter) and a V6 Chrysler Sebring convertible (summer). I would like to hire a V8 car next time round!

If I was living there I would definitly have something European as an everyday car!!

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Pends where you live, ie climate, but I would hanker a great big "dually", the massive pick ups with twin rear wheels and a 6+ liter turbo D chuggin away!!! Long cab and still room for 4 dirtbikes in the back!! Luvvly!

·
Registered
424 Posts
On my last business trip to cally, i rented a Mustang to start with, which i gave back after 6 hrs as it sounded nice, but drove like a pig..Then i went for a litle s2000 which was quite nice, however whilst stopped at a dunkin doughnut joint, some imigrant in a delivery van decided to take the rear quarter panel out when he parked next to the car....So i then took charge of a Boxster s convertible, which was quite fun.....But when you're cruising the strip on a fri/sat night you need something litle and nippy, with looks aswell...[:D][:D][:D]

Think im going to try Viper in April....[:D][:D][:D] Cant wait....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had a Chrysler PT Cruiser when I went to Florida last year it was quite good fun to drive, I do like a automatic when I am over there though. I know its lazy but it is good fun

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Quote: posted by simch on 26/10/2004 16:54:29

Pends where you live, ie climate, but I would hanker a great big "dually", the massive pick ups with twin rear wheels and a 6+ liter turbo D chuggin away!!! Long cab and still room for 4 dirtbikes in the back!! Luvvly!

My uncle has one of them over here, dodge i think, got a big hydrolic thing on the back for a motor home caravan thing for when they are scrambling in the uk!

·
Registered
586 Posts
hey good poll, as Im facing this position soon anyway as Im off to San Fran and Hawaii so need to know what to rent. Im going to try and get a convertible in Hawaii!

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
It would definitely have to be an SUV like a GMC or Grand Cherokee, but if expense wasn't an issue, then a Chrysler Escalade.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts