Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
www.caraudiosecurity.com by any chance??

Just been looking on their site, used them quite a bit in the past too. How easy is it to fit a set of comps??

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Fairly easy, you will need new speaker pods which you can get from Autoleads for about ?10/15. Yeah Car Audio Security[8D], I know the owner and he will probably tell you how often I can my stereos/A/V units[;)]. Never satisfied[:I] always won't to change my equipment as soon as something new comes out. Been debating what to get from him next.[:p]

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yeah i'm gonna be going for some new comps soon but i can't afford to amp them yet so they're just gonna run off the HU. don't wanna spend too much so i'll have to have a look around

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Posted Image

If your on a budget, you can do no worst than try these out. They sound quite good, especially when run off a head unit. They are the Kenwood KFC-P703 comps, only ?70.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
cheers for that recommendation. will they be fine if i decide to amp in the future? at least for a while so i don't have to buy everything at once

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
I could right or give you a whole book explaining ohms/wattage, etc. Best think to remember is that just because a speakers has more wattage than another doesn't mean it is better. Speakers play with different efficency, etc. Just remember if you by a 4ohm 80 watt rms speaker, than in theory it is better to match it to an amp with 80 watts at 4 ohms. Another point to rememeber a speaker that is quoted in RMS will be a more accurate fiqure that the speaker will play at continuously, where as a Max/Peak wattages is what the speaker can play at if you had a constant 14.4v of power powering the source.

I sure someone would/could add more to what I said, I came out of the Car Audio/Alarm installation many years ago, but I suppose the theory is still the same.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, Im not after something that is gonna blow my brains out when I listen to it, so I think I'll go for the MB-QUART-RSC-216 above, they seem pretty decent @ ?100.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Quote: posted by AndrewM on 10/08/2004 09:43:01

Are the kenwoods a straight swap for oem???

Yes, but these are custom fit comps, but you may still need a new set of speaker pods.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
You will need the pods, because the original speakers are bond to the existing pod and then the pod is rivetted to the inner door panel.

?109 for uprated VW speakers, probably made by Nokia or Motorola (Yes they make speakers for the german car market) or MB Quarts for ?100? You decided?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts