Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... id get one of these! That Ferrari V-sound, spine tinglelingy superb, and a race-bred design to die for.... yes please!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
35 Posts
I was actually lucky enough to drive both a Ferrari 360 (not the race version as shown in the piccys) and a Porsche 996 Turbo and d'ya know what? I thought the Porsche was a much better car.

I was even suprised myself. I didn't cane them but the Porsche felt much more "together" and the interior was much nicer too.

The Ferrari would pull the birds more though.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I've driven a 996 Turbo4 too, with the optional GT2 engine upgrade, but unfortunately not the Ferrari.

I was stunned by the capability of the Porsche, the way it plants its power down even on poor surfaces and the confidence it inspires in the driver. It had the ceramic brakes too, which were as impressive as the acceleration.

The owner also drove me as a passenger. It took me 3 days for my heart rate to return to normal (not kidding...). He lost his licence shortly afterwards.......

·
Registered
264 Posts
I must be getting old - money no object - an Audi A6 tdi Allroad to go with the lakeside house at the end of a little dirt track I've always wanted.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
I too would have a Feerai 360 Modena in Le Mans Blue and sand beige Leather, black carpets and dash. I dont care if there are better cars, thats what I want- nothing sounds like a Ferrari. I would also go for an Audi RS6 for day to day use...and thats coming from Mr BMW

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well if i won the lottery, as long as i had either a Ferrari 575M or the above Stradale, and a 911 Turbo, id be content for life ...

·
Registered
646 Posts
If £££££ no object I'd deffo have a ferrari 355 or 360 (red) and a top spec Range for lamping about over the fields to my beautiful pad in the country. Oh and a mile long gravel drive... ...and some peasants to rake the trenches left in it by my ferarri [;)]

Meanwhile back on terra firma....................

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Erm... an F16 - now that's acceleration. Oh sorry.. cars.. the kitted out racing X5 for one, Maclaren F1, Pagoni Zonda or the latest Porshce (can't remember what's it's called but its just been announced).

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
quote:

Originally posted by NikB

or the latest Porshce (can't remember what's it's called but its just been announced).
... is that the Porsche Carrera GT (the supercar thingy..)... or the brand new 911 GT3? Id take either! [;)]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this topic is a couple of weeks old but I'm new and I've just seen it, what a coincidence I had just put a wish list together the other day, yes all of the above would be nice to have, but these would be on my driveway as well.

Aston Martin V8

TVR Cerbera

911 Turbo

Ferrari 308(would have to be mint)

Lotus Esprit V8

Mercedes SL55 AMG

(Oh, and the wife wants a Freelander, wouldn't want to overdo it though.)

·
Registered
62 Posts
A bit rare and old but I'd have to say a GT40, and some kind of brabus machine for my everyday run about.

Nicky J.

·
Registered
96 Posts
My list would have to be :

Ford GT40

AC Cobra (original)

Porsche 911 RS 1971ish

Porsche Carrera GT new one

Audi RS6

And a madly modified R32 (roughly £30K spent on it)

Now who wants to lend me a few quid !!!!

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Money no object? I'd have to be seriously rich as although I would love a 360, my favourite car is the Porsche 911.

I have to agree with paulcsp above - the 911 has the German feel to it (of course) and the ferrari a bit flimsy.

A friend of mine already has my dream car collection. He has a Ferrari 360, lucky git, his dad has a 550M a 512TR and a Range Rover. His mum drives a Bentley Continental Conv. (Nice lineup in the driveway!)

I've had a little play in the 512TR and it was V fast.

·
Registered
782 Posts
I would have a list of cars inc 360, Porsche and the likes

......... but i woudnt be without my GOLF GTIANNI !........ thats for sure !

1 - 20 of 27 Posts