Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got round to fitting my ICE Link+ properly today as i also had some lovely bora vents (cheers Shaq) and a new radio cage to fit! Spent all day doing it and my fingers are killig me! Poxy centre console!

Worth it though!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
first impressions on the quality of the dension kit with the gamma?

how many cables does the kit consist of and any chance of a quick fitting explanation?

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sounds great, just like a CD from the single slot!

Once wire goes from the cradle to some box of tricks, which goes to the changer connector on the back of the single slot and an earth wire has been connected to the back of the radio!

Managed to get the firmware updated and its working a treat! can browse files now too! [8D]

Mods: Please can this be moved to ICE senction! [:I] soz

·
Registered
2,990 Posts
What version firmware are they on now?

Is there still latency issues when browsing the Dension menu via the HU?

·
Registered
703 Posts
Paul, Is the dension ipod carrier attached to a seperate holder (ie is the part attached to your vents seperate so it can be used with other things... if so how does it attach? I would get it for my pocket pc.)

thanks.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
firmware updates are constantly coming out, just sorts out some known issues, small bugs etc! as u can see from my pic i have run the cable through a blank switch cover, from there it goes over the top of the cup holder and down to the back of the radio! Easy to install, i crimped a connection to the earth wire so its fixed on with a nut to the back of the gamma. The hardest part its tryign to get the radio back in with all the cables, but as i had the centre console, glovebox and panel under the steering wheel out its wasnt too hard.

v2.06 is the lastest and it seems fine. Browsing from the menu from the gamma seems to work fine, but i'm just manually browsing with it atm!

the cradle fits onto an specifically made mounting kit. This one is made by a company called brodit! Comes with no holes on it so u can fit whatever u like to it! Cost about ?15 i think from www.ihavetohave.it

HTH

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah, thats right! If u dont have any sprare buttons you may have to think of some other route of running the cable!

U can get a mount that fits nexts to the aircon controls! I put mine over a blank button as u know mainly cos u can see the ipod better and its not exactly covering over something i dont have if you get me! lol

·
Registered
19 Posts
Nice install Paul.

I've been looking to get the Dension solution for my Passat.

Just a single question:

1. You say it just plugs into the changer control on the rear of the Gamma HU. Does this mean I'm going to lose the CD-changer in the boot if I want it to work? Can't really afford to lose it. Only got it three months ago....[:I]

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
soz, may of explained it a bit wrong! I have plugged the dension lead into the back of the single slot CD player. To s elect the ipod u press the s elect button on the single slot. this illuminates the changer light. this wway i have the best of both worlds!

HTH

Paul

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm confused.

My Gamma HU is a tape deck (blurgh, not used) version with an Alpine CD changer on the CD control button.

Might it be possible to wire the Dension to the CC. button?

I think a vist to my local audio outfitters is required.......

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
oh, didnt realise u had a changer already! thought u had a single slot, soz.

It is possible to have both but a bit of wiring and a switch is required! Oxford has done this in his, but not with a dension, just an aux lead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi, i know its been a while since this topic, but can you still use the iPod itself to navigate between songs an artists or can you just do it from the head unit? Also, how much can you do via the headunit?

Cheers, Chris

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Im running v2.1 and the option is there to either use the intended
method of controlling the iPod via the HU, however, I much prefer
navigating via the iPod itself which is also possible and IMO a better
way of doing things.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i just manually browse all the files etc! can be a bit dodge! especially as it says 'browsing whilst driving is dangerous' [;)]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts