Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I finally have all the components I want for a sound upgrade but i need someone to install it for me as i am not proficient in this area. I have the ff:

pioneer ts-w258d2 10" sub and box

rockford fosgate 200 monoblock amp

alpine cda 105ri head unit

single din cubby

wiring kit

please can someone quote for installing this for me, I live in the WD6 area.

manny thanks

Kuben

·
Registered
247 Posts
honestly mate, it's not that hard at all. there are plenty of guides online on how to fit it just watch a couple and at least have a go. there's no real necessity for cutting stuff/only minor wiring work required and if it all goes balls up you can always pay someone to fix it for you then.

·
Registered
247 Posts
honestly, there's not a great deal which can go wrong.

you have the power cable which leads through to the battery, connecting it up is easy as anything, just slot it through the hole between the engine bay and the cabin where all the other wires cross through.

run that down the side all the way to your boot and that's gonna give you power to your amp. the remote and RCA's need to be run up the other side of the car e.g the drivers side if you have the power cable running up the passenger side to stop interference from stuffing up your sound quality. you can take the whole interior apart to get them sitting in perfectly, but what i did was just tuck the under the little plastic panels just because it's easier to do so, run them all the way through to the back to wherever the amp is.

next, you'll need to ground everything (the brown wire usually), if you connect the ground to the bolt which holds the rear seats in that's probably the easiest place. you can always test the ground is working by touching the power cable and seeing a spark, although i wouldn't recommend doing this for fear of blowing a fuse/electrocuting yourself/setting fire to your car. connect that back up to the amp and that's all good.

it honestly sounds a lot harder than it is, what i just realised is that after typing all that chris has put it in words ALOT clearer than i have done.

http://uk-mkivs.net/forums/t/179553.aspx

1 - 6 of 6 Posts