Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pic is crap, here's the spec list: Alloy Wheels, Climate Control Air Conditioning, CD Changer, Electric Windows Front and Rear and Electric Mirrors, Electric Sunroof, Electric Sports Seats, Black Leather Upholstery, Multi-Function Steering Wheel, Harmon Kardon Speaker System, Wood Trim, Automatic .2 owners 38K on clock, 765 a month with 4K deposit...231BHP I think...

Oh I'm so bloody tempted - 200 a month more than my Golf.

Posted Image

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Don't do it! Just get a 4Mo alot cheaper and not much slower I used to play with 328's with my 4mo with surprising results!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Get a Grip Irish !!!

Its a long way to travel, but i will if i have too !!!!!

Now repeat after me ..... VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VWVW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW VW

Now go wash your car :)

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
he he he I'm only dreamin Wish! But if it was this time last year I would've thought about it!!

It is nice though, wait til MikeDav sees this, he'll back me up...!

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the autos in the BMWs aren't bad. The only thing Mike and myself will agree on is BMWs Tom lol...

·
Registered
161 Posts
Havent got my golf yet and I know i'll love it but the BMW was fantastic. The handling was amazing (though it was poo poo in the snow - RWD) and the drive was just so smooth. Plus, I loved the sound of the six pot!

·
Registered
30 Posts
smgII i could live with, but auto boxes, even the decent ones just seem to take all the fun out of it. just my preferences [:)] have to agree though - the 330ci is a very nice car...

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Irish GTI

The only thing Mike and myself will agree on is BMWs Tom lol...
LOL [:)] 330Ci will always be a nice car, but this ones prefacelift, mileage is creeping up and its an auto - which although fine isnt exactly befitting of an early 20s driving enthusiast. How much and what year?

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's merely an example though, I know I'm not changing, but come changing time if I'm not sold on the new GTI I'll consider one. 330 is too expensive to run I'd say, a 320 or 323 would be plenty...prob used though.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Dont do it Irish!!!

Its a old mans car - Stick to your GTI - much more in keeping with your age!!!

BMW's are for old men like me[;)]

Now were did I put my cheque book???

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Thos

How much and what year?
'01, €41k

[/quote]

[:O][:O] Irish, do you not have a mortgage to pay for ???? Obviously not, or you've got a very high salary !!

Good luck if that's what you want, although i think i would go for the 330d instead.

·
Registered
58 Posts
quote:

Originally posted by Irish GTI

It is nice though, wait til MikeDav sees this, he'll back me up...!
and me mate. i love beemers.

noe that is a sexy car.

to be honest the golf and bmws are in a totally different class.

but i definatley would not buy an automatic though.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The quality and comfort of a BMW is second to none, the driving experience is one of the best I have ever driven, and I have driven many cars.

Just look at this..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
31 Posts
Now that's what I call a car! Very nice, Looking a a few pictures of Irish's GTI, in fantastic shape, one dream at a time man! Work for it, I'd say if your on the road from Golf to Beemer, there's another motor you could get in between. Beemers are for the more mature man I'd say

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Nice interior but the outside shape doesn't do much for me. No discerning character IMO. But It would be a boring world if we all had the same opinion! I have driven a Xreg-ish 528I Sport (courtesy of Williams F1) and the thrust offered is very much like that of my R. Very pleasing!

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Ive drivebn 318, 320, 330 etc but the only BMW I have driven for a prolonged time is Dads 02 530i Sport. It was rapid, sounded awesome and the quality was way up there - far better than the Merc and felt like it would never break. It was an auto steptronic, which suits a car that size but in an E46 Id want manual!

£28k for a 2001 with 38k seems a lot mate...is that Ireland prices creeping in again? As for the MPG nd running costs, trust me you soon start to think 25MPG is pretty good!! [;)]

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.