Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,155 Posts
I have tried two different types of theses the first one came from the states can?t remember the name but was a pain in the bum

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p> </o:p>

The second one has cost me about ?200.00 worth of damage as I have folding mirrors it could operate them ye it did and one day when it folded them in they just kept going and burnout the motors now need new mirrors and that one came from Canada

<o:p> </o:p>

So <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:stockticker>IMO</st1:stockticker> keep well clear

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What do you do when it rains?
I normally say "The weather forecast was wrong again".
when you press the "lock" (one touch) the windows and sunroof will close automatically.

press "lock" "lock" windows and sunroof keep the orginally state.

hold on the "unloc" windows open vently.

do not worry about the rain. every body will press "lock" when they leave the car right?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Not bein funny guys, but you'll wanna check your cars!! You may already have this capability!! It's on my A3 (1998 R reg) so I can't see how it won't make it onto VW's from say 00-01 onwards.

Just give it a go, with windows open, press and hold lock.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Dosnt work on mine, it was one of the first things i tried when i got my car. Just love doing it on the BMW`s.

So vagproduct, whats the process about for getting this on my car? I want it for free or else it dosnt bother me.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Not a feature that can be turned on via vag-com?

My mum and dads old mk3 GTI had auto closing windows when the lock button on the fob was pressed. Mk4's already have the window closing feature when you turn the key in the keyhole.

·
Super Moderator
50,205 Posts
Not a feature that can be turned on via vag-com? My mum and dads old mk3 GTI had auto closing windows when the lock button on the fob was pressed. Mk4's already have the window closing feature when you turn the key in the keyhole.
It still needed a seperate module on Mk.3s to give total close,or at the very least exetnding the lock pulse on aftermaket alarms as no Mk.3 I've seen came from the factory with an alarm,they were always dealer fit.I've yet to see a Mk.4 Golf that can have total close off the OEM fob without adding extra modules.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Ah fair enough. Our old mk3 must have had a dealer fit alarm with it standard then. It was quite a good feature, but I'd always like to be able to lock my car and leave the windows open, which the mk3 system we had wouldn't allow.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It is really annoying that this could be set using vag-com on the Audis.

I have the alientech module, its great.

I fitted it to my MKIV Golf then removed it and fitted it to the Bora.

Dead easy to install - full rollup/roll down and vent using standard remote.

(Just press unlock - lock to do a full closure)

·
Registered
1 Posts
My old Mk3 VR6 had global window closure (as VAG call it), they have just informed me today that Mk4 Golf's do not have global window closure from the remote key fob, but you can close the windows by holding the ignition key in the closed position in the drivers door for a couple of seconds. They also told me the global window closure feature was added back on to the Mk5 Golfs - probably after lots of complaints from Mk4 Golf drivers. As others have said Awesome GTI sell a kit to close all windows plus other features - price is ?45 / ?55

·
Registered
201 Posts
Looked at this a while back - on the "to do" list.

Know that "Remote Total Closure" can be enabled on Audi's but not VW's (really want to meet the engineer that thought that was a good idea - thanks mate!). Not seen the Alientech controller before but did have a look at the "AutoWindow" controller which is also built specifically for VAG cars.

Appears to read control signals from your keyfob from the Car's CAN bus and uses the correct sequence to do windows, wing mirrors, lights, etc. etc. etc.

More details at: http://www.autowindow.com/ and I believe they are sold by (among others) Awesome...

Cheers...

Adrian.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts