Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Another restoration to behold....[:)][8D]

What d'ya think?[8]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Looks pretty darn minty.........is that a 1.6 or 1.8 Roy?

I would guess the latter as it is a Y, but i think they still made them both on that year?

·
Expression Intentionally Blank
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
'tis a 1.8.. Purchased from the chaps who "manage" the silver VW press car, with the incorrectly positioned front GTI badge and Zender(?) body kit..! They used this car as a reference to restore the press motor!

·
Premium Member
6,442 Posts
Nice condition, don't like the roof though, what's going on there. Has it got electric windows? I miss mine, need to get me a mint campaign!

·
Registered
479 Posts
I'm sure i've seen that car somewhere before, with a webasto roll back sun roof?

Wasn't the silver press car in the TG studio this week minus bodykit and gold BBS wheels? FMJ851Y IIRC? Looked like it was back on small bumpers and 13" wheels.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Getting quite envious of you now!! I would love a mk1 as well as my mk2! but no room at the inn[:(] Although if a pukka mk2 comes along it'll be mine!

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Lovely. Does everyone remember the race themed blue Mk1 in PVW a few issues ago? I know the guy who worked at demon tweekes fairly well and he has done a stunning job on the car.... he uses it as a proper track car too. Mk1 Tis the only golf I havn't owned... yet!![:D]

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I wouldn't mind a Mk1 but trying to find one in decent nick is quite hard, especially when I live so far away. it is also the only Mk that I haven't owned.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very nice car!

My younger brother just bought a mk1 golf last week. Lhasa Green as well! Bodywork is pretty much mint needs a quite a bit of work doing to it though especially the interior.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very nice car!

My younger brother just bought a mk1 golf last week. Lhasa Green as well! Bodywork is pretty much mint needs a quite a bit of work doing to it though especially the interior.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts