Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from America and everytime I'm out there I always wanted to go to a VW Dealer and try and buy a Car Cover / Bra.

Everytime I'm away... I just can't quite find the time to find and go into a VW Dealer, as finding car parts is not what you are ment to be doing, while on holiday.

Well I finally did it..... I wanted the full front car bra, but they mentioned that they may not fit, due to the Anni Valance..... so I decided to give that a miss.

The dealer recommended just getting the bonnet cover and at $37 including tax, I decided to just go for it, but I was a little worried whether my debadged bonnet would cause any problems. It is the R line one (with the R badge) which is great, but I would have prefered a plan cover. They only did ones with GOLF or GTI on them so I just went for the R line cover.

The cover fits perfectly and I'm so happy with it (at the moment)

If I decide I no longer want it, then it only cost me ?20, which is a great bargin as e-bay sellers and people that have brought them over themselves from America want between ?50-?75.

I also managed to get hold of a parts book (with part numbers) from the dealer with a lot of other good Golf items... I'm hoping to be able to go to UK VW and see if they can get some bits and bobs for me.

Well here's a picture... hope you all like:

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
look good mate.

welcome to the club.[;)]

the full bra would have fitted by the way,tabs has one and i've tried mine with my new front end just to make sure and yes it fits.

the same one fits the full range inc. anni and R32. due to u.s. bumpers being bit bigger so there is plenty of room in them for our bumper range.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Yup a full bra fits fine on Anni's and R32's. All that may happen is it pulls the plastic of the bumper down a little. I'm thinking of extending the straps to reach under the bumper and on to radiotor mounts.

Mind you I'll be running a stock valance when driving to shows etc. so that probably wont' affect me as much.

Welcome to club, Kevin [:D]

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mind you I'll be running a stock valance when driving to shows etc. so that probably wont' affect me as much.
why dont you just carry a full standard bumper around in your boot mark ? then you wont need one of them stupid bra thing !!![:p][;)][:#]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Hmmm it really doesnt do it for me Kev, looks G.A.Y mate!!

But as least it does protect that lovely car of urs :)

On a side note, why do they always have the two raised bumps? what purpose do they provide?
I reckon it does two things. Firstly it provides a bit of dowforce so if the bra is fitted slightly loose it doesn't move about too much in the wind when driving. Secondly, it must create a kind of deflection for air flow up and over the car, so any stones/bugs/whatever that are kicked up might get caught up in this flow and be deflected over the car.

Either that or its a funny pair of ears....

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
cool, that looks good.  I've emailed a few dealers over in the US because I've been after a car bra but no luck so far

·
Registered
78 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting hold of these in the UK. i'm after one as i do alot of motorways driving and noticed a few stone chips appearing and dont want any more.

Cheers Ers

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Has anyone had any luck getting hold of these in the UK. i'm after one as i do alot of motorways driving and noticed a few stone chips appearing and dont want any more.

Cheers Ers
Try www.autobra.co.uk, they have a few Volkswagen (US) Hood covers with the .:R logo. They also have one full bumper/hood cover left.

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
the one that is their own make is one of the badly fitting ones.

the other two or the ones from vwdrivergear in the u.s.

they must import them and then double it looking at their prices.

i only paid about ?80 for the full front end cover from drivergear and kev didn't pay ?85 for just the bonnet bit.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts