Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys

I'm new to the dub seen but have always loved them and so has my family! My grandad had a brand new mk2 GTi 16v, Mk3 GTi 16v and my Fav..... a polo G40! My bro had a nice Mk3......

Anyways, i've just hold of my Mk4 GTi 5dr. So far its lowered 60mil on a set of 19's and has a debadged grill but i feel it needs more. Basically i need some sort of subtle kit i'm thinking. I've seen the R32 kit for a 5dr advertised - anyone have a any pics of what it may look like on a 5dr?

Anyone know what may look good? I'm not a bodykit kinda guy normaly but feel something subtle would look mint!

The car in question:-

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm also tempted in getting some M3 style rear lights......

·
Registered
125 Posts
very nice mate... my suggestion for pics is go to google and do an image search for 5 door R32's. im sure you will get what your looking for!!!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah i did try a google search but theyre all 3dr's.

Anyone know of any good websites other than awesome-GTi and Venom?

·
Registered
125 Posts
yeah just checked my self!!! all 3 doors!!!

im sure there is a 5 door owner on here somewhere??? ive got a neighbour with a r32 in black with 5 doors but for some reason its not always there i think its a holiday house for them!!!

all i can say is i dont think you'll be disapointed!!!!

scott

·
Old Skool UK-MKIV member
1,594 Posts
Personally I don't think you can get a better looking bodykit than the Anniversary kit.

Unfortunately you may have just missed out on the group buy, you could of got the whole kit for ?485[:O]

Can click HERE for some pics.

HTH

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah the anni kit is nice. Nice and Subtle! I'll price it up and its a shame i missed the GB!

Anyone know o any sites i can browse?

·
Registered
586 Posts
Tom, your colour is similar to mine and I have a five door, ever thought about Oettinger? I dont have the rear bumper valance as my kit was made for a Bora so I only used the front valance and the sideskirts.

Heres a pic of mine

Posted Image

If you want more subtle than that, then stick to the Anni/Votex kit.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ray Ban - Yeah that kit aint bad! I'll do a bit of research into it!

Jase - You've just offended my eyes mate! Christ what a way to wreck a car and to think people pay to make their cars like that?!!!!

·
Registered
586 Posts
Tom, RSD, one of the advertisers on this site, sells the Oettinger kits. If you look at www.oettinger.de you will see the full kit, including the nicer bumper extension for the front (though it looks much better with it blended in with your existing bumper)

I bought mine for ?350 and sold the front grille, spoiler and rear valance (which all can't be fitted to the Golf as they are Bora fitment) on ebay and technically speaking only paid ?150 for front valance and sideskirts.

If you can hang onto for a bit, GTI International usually has the Oettinger kits for sale at a good price. Last year when I was there, I spotted the Oettinger Bora kit for sale, brand new, for ?300, which is very cheap.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts