Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right its getting near show season[:D]

I need some pics of your cars in show shine condition to get me off my ass and prepare my car for this years.[:p]

Post your pics below please[<:eek:)]

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
My procedure is normally give the golf a damn good clean the night before the show along with a wax. Jack car up, clean under the arches, apply plastic trim gel to arches and then rub down so its no longer sticky, clean windows inside and out, clean the wheels off the car, inside of wheel too, wax wheels, clean brake calipers, clean inside exhaust, clean engine bay area (if your gonna show it off). Then when i get to the show i have a portable hozelock pressure washer which i soak the golf in, wipe her down with a chammy, clean wheels, give her a good detailing, then i either wax or quik detailer her. What i also find usefull is once you have finished, drive the car back and forth and brake a few times to clear that rusty look off your brake discs.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
also forgot to add, that keeping ontop of cleaning your dub (once a week, maybe more) goes a long way to contributing it to looking peachy most of the time (of course). Its all in the mind! Keeping a regular routine enables you to find those swirl marks or light scrathces and nipping them in the bud rather than leaving it.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
You can do all that the night before the show!!!!

That would take me 2 days[:$]
lol. you get use to it mate. imagine what its like for me, i have to put new bumper and new grille and wheels on! you perfect it after a few trys and it becomes like a pit stop! that session for me would be a good 6-7 hours.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts