Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Play website is saying December but I'm not sure what the official blurb is.  I only found out today that I need one, so need to do some research!

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
Very innovative, but I do wonder just how well that controller will
work in the real world especially on shooters. I hope it sells well for
Nintendo.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Looks totally awesome!
Rumours suggest that it will surface late October, early November, trying to catch a headstart on Sony, should weigh in at around 150 quid. (So you can buy one of these + an XBox360 for the price of a PS3)

And best of all, there's a Wii version of the new Zelda as a launch title :)

If Nintendo keep a decent stream of quality software coming out for this thing then I reacon they'll rake it in. Nearly everyone I know who's into games wants one! :D

Have a look on :

wii.ign.com

·
Registered
643 Posts
Oh yes, got to get me one of those - looks quality!

·
Registered
795 Posts
when i first watched the clip on play i thought it looked cool and will probably get one. But i can't stop thinking that they use actors in the video and are acting the whole experience of the games. For instance the bit where the guy fights with samurai swords looks to much like a cut scene to me. So will it be a case of just moving the controller in set sequence to pull of moves (just like pressing x up up down x to pull off moves on a normal pad). looks like a great deal of fun if you get your mates round but think it might be a bit to much to play on your own.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
yes there will be a s election of NES, SNES, N64 and Sega games for download

however i don't think anyone know if its just first party games or not.

and i heard there was going to be a small fee (few ?)

·
Registered
6,626 Posts
I hope that thing will come with a wrist strap...

Also how long before we get 8 year old kids trying to sue Nintendo for RSI due to their inability to use these things in moderation [:|]

·
Registered
627 Posts
I played with another man's Wii today. [;)]

We've got some devkits at work! Didn't actually see much, just a pointer test/readout thing, but you could move a cursor around the screen with the Wii controller. It's deadly accurate and picks up every motion. There's also no lag whatsoever. It's well nice to use!

The actual controller is a fair bit smaller than I'd imagined and feels suitably solid and well built. Looks really nice too! The nunchuck add on thing also feels good. With the control is as accurate as this, and given some good games, this console is gonna be amazing!

·
Registered
186 Posts

yeh but sadly no Goldeneye apparantly due to Rare/MS - give me some SNES super mario kart though!!

·
Registered
2,788 Posts

yeh but sadly no Goldeneye apparantly due to Rare/MS - give me some SNES super mario kart though!!
OH MY GOD! no friggin goldeneye!!!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts