Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all I'm 36 have 10 years NCB no points and no accidents, so why am I being asked to pay nearly £500 [brick] to insure my TDI..? wrong me thinks so if you can suggest any companies please let me know

·
Registered
847 Posts
I've been pulling my hair out aswell,

29 6 years no claims, no accidents & my insurance has gone up from £416 last year to £500 this year I tried everywhere, money supermarket, compare the market, go compare, greenlight & thats the cheapest I could find!

Its an absolute pain in the backside, but the best thing to do is sit down with a brew & go through all the comparison sites & check some others out like aviva & direct line & hope for the best!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've found insurance has crept up on everything this year.

Best thing to do is try the compare websites but try all of them. I found compare the Market to give the cheapest quotes with the company being axa. Go compare was over ?400 dearer on their cheapest quote.

I'm 30 with 10 years NCD and no points and it's ?800 on a mk4 1.8T 20v.

·
Registered
537 Posts
I just got a quote for 570 mods included on greenlight who advertise on here, i've just turned 25 and have 4 years ncb. I tried go compare etc and get £1400

Next on my list of people to try, chris knott (on here) sky (on here) and finally my current Adrian Flux who we endeavor to beat all the quotes i got like last year. I saved 800 from what they originally wanted at 1540 I got it for 730. Always worth it.

good luck, it also depends on your post code, if its in a high insurance claim area your premium will be higher.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I insure my mk5 with swift and its £300 fully comp, im 33 with no no claims (i had traders thro work) it could be to do with your post code, i live on Dartmoor but in a city mine would prob be a lot higher, give swift a try mate

·
Registered
250 Posts
try chris knott , my girlfriend saved over £500!! i know she was being ripped off before.

mine is with them too and i got a good deal. always worth a shot

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Im going to try Chris Knott Monday, I did Greenlight and they were nearly £600 and I think I got to wait till Monday for another 1 I found on here to get back to me as its been sent to the speical support team, and there I was thinking Im just driving a Golf TDi lol

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
ok so I got sorted with Sky for £400 fully comp, £250 excess its not cheaper than last year but then again everything else cost us an arm and a leg when it comes to a car so why not the thing we need to have by law lol

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm currently paying about £500 now for a GT TDI PD 130 with the Privilege. <o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

I recently got a quote off a performance modified insurance company.<o:p></o:p>

First quote was just the same as my car is now and they wanted £1000<o:p></o:p>

Second was with all the mod`s ie, lowered, wider/bigger alloys, suspension, ARB and even wanted to know if the windows were tinted for heavens sake!. They wanted £2500<o:p></o:p>

I'm 36 yrs 6y nc 1 accident in 2006 not my fault and 3 points,(not for speeding) <o:p></o:p>

There having a laugh, who do they think we our? Jason Statham<o:p></o:p>

What's the cheapest out there?

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found Sky to be I just left your insurance company as I was with them via a brooker who wanted me to pay £650 for insurance this year.........I was like on your bike I aint no 18 year old no more I have earnt the right to cheap car insurance now lol

the reason its gone up is due to Tax, yep those fools in No 10 think that making us pay high tax not only on fuel, but on something that you have to have by law is the only way that the country will have money in the pot at the end of the year [brick]

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just got a quote for £498 with the mods added

There`s a snag tho, it`s highway insurance.... i`ve only read bad things about this type of insurance. mmmmmmmm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts