Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As above really. Wanted a new front for my golf for a while but really struggling. Do not want R32 , however i do want an all in one bumper (no separate Valance) that allows as much air through as poss. Would also like to keep the bump strip (if poss) as i can't afford to smooth the rear as well!

What are my options? Seen loads of bumpers that fit the bill, but always GRP and from some dodgy bloke that you can almost guarantee they won't fit!

Car at moment, (except i have gone back to standard grill as i much prefer it):

Posted Image

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What do you guys think about these? I like the first one as it allows loads of air flow, but i am more drawn to the 2nd?

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like it, I just don't like the gluing to bumpers together bit.  Even in that photo you can clearly see the join.....

·
Registered
5,145 Posts
hmmm, thats the only thing thats ever bugged me too! Why would they want to do that, why not just make a full bumper?? [:S]

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
The second one made by caractere is still a glue in place job once you've chopped up the standard bumper iirc, you can smooth the oettinger one ala Kiz but it won't be cheap.

Hofele one ain't bad depends if you like the porsche 911 turbo inspired looks

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would have mesh in the Hofele not that grill. It is growing on me the only thing i don't like is that lower bit, but i am think it looks 10 times worse because it is on that horrible car and in such a naf colour......

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Why are all bumpers GRP??

I have not found one manufacturer that makes Plastic ones except for the R-Line or R32. Is there no market for decent bumpers, that arn't R32?

·
Registered
188 Posts
I think no. Because the grille is one piece also!

But you can modify your own grille and get off the logo together with its base, and try to fit it on Rieger's grille...

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, thats what i had in mind, might see if my local body shop can do it while they paint it. Don't like the badge less look,

now for the rear...

I was going to get an ani valance and have it smoothed onto the rear bumper. Good?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Yes it will look sweet!

But you must consider the lower point of the front and rear bumpers.

You must keep it in balance.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts