Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm like a kid running about here with a big grin on my face. I love taking teaser pics of new wheels. I just picked them up.

Baz

Posted Image

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
how bigs the shoe[:p]

my mate just showed me his supra wheels 12 inches wide [:eek:] and 325/25/19 bloody mental me thinks lol.. but he needs the surface area as hes only got 700bhp to play with [;)]

Sat [y]

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
how bigs the shoe[:p]

my mate just showed me his supra wheels 12 inches wide [:eek:] and 325/25/19 bloody mental me thinks lol.. but he needs the surface area as hes only got 700bhp to play with [;)]

Sat [y]
Firstly the shoe is a size 10.

Understandable with 700hp needed huge tyres. The original Ford GT40 in the 60's had 425bhp as the untuned version and it's rims were 13" x 13". The amazing this was that it had so much torque it could spin them in any gear.

I doubt i'll be spinning mine too much but they should look the part.

Baz

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Posted Image

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought the B2s were a little too common. They temnd to look like a lot of other wheels as well like RH AG Cups and stuff like that.

So I went for B1s.

Posted Image

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I thought the B2s were a little too common. They temnd to look like a lot of other wheels as well like RH AG Cups and stuff like that.
Thanks Baz, I'm off to polish my common wheels lol. Looking forward to seeing your Bora coming together mate.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Baz, I'm off to polish my common wheels lol. Looking forward to seeing your Bora coming together mate.
lol

they're still quality, but you know what I mean. I've seen a few of those style about but haven't seen a B1 type of wheel about here in a long time and especially not wide ones with crazy offsets.

I'm off now to order spacers to clear my front brakes.

Baz

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
lol

they're still quality, but you know what I mean. I've seen a few of those style about but haven't seen a B1 type of wheel about here in a long time and especially not wide ones with crazy offsets.

I'm off now to order spacers to clear my front brakes.

Baz
Only joking with you mate. You sure you'll need spacers? My B2's are 17" and sit out of the arches beautifully without the need for spacers, you can see what I mean from pics below. Was gonna get spacers myself but once I saw the wheels on the car didn't feel the need.

Posted Image

Posted Image

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The spacers I need aren't actually for looks.

The fronts are 8.5 wide and offset ET20 and need a spacer to clear the brakes.

The backs are fine and clear everything with no spacer. They're 17x10 and ET13. I haven't decided on tyres yet though. What width are the wheels andy and what size of tyre did you put on?

Baz

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
My Brocks are 8.5 wide too Baz.  I'm running 225/45 17 Bridgestone Potenza's, although sometimes think the 45 profile is too thick, but sometimes it looks spot on.  The 45 profile does give me a little more comfort compared to my old 18" RS4's, and would definately recommend going for the 225/45 unless you want the stretched look.

·
Registered
8,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
maybe 225 on the back lol.

because it's 10 in the back i have to stretch a bit to keep the tread inside the arches. The fronts will probably be either 215 or something similar.

Not sure on the back yet and the sidewall depends on the type of tyre really. I'll probably go for 235 dunlops. Not sure on the wall height yet.

Baz

1 - 20 of 20 Posts