Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want that DV sound, but my engine is DBW so it cant have an atmos DV [:mad:]

So... Would a Carbonio CAI kit fully sort out my chavy requests or would fitting another type of non-atmos DV help , or is there another way all together ?!

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
Lean out of the window and go 'pur-chsssssss' (think I spelt that quite well then!) whenever you change gear!

I think the green cotten panel filter gives you a slight noise, and a whol new air filter will probably give you even more of the noise your after. I can't comment on DV's as I don't know enough about them.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers dude all i no about them is they go NERRRRRRRRRRR (engine nosie, yes my golf does sound like dat!!) and den TSHHHHHHHHHHHH [:D]

if you have a 1,8t take the air boz of and start it........ sounds unreal!! Really thraoty and lots of tssssssssssh'in goin on lol

·
Registered
436 Posts
yeah air filter is better sound and can hear it outside the car more on low revs than high, and sounds good in the car too, my filter was louder after puttin forge diverter valve on, its not too much jus nice subtle noise,

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
ok saying this witout being a chav but NikB would it be heard quite well outside the car?
I had a Carbonio on my old AGU 1.8T and it sounded mental. Imagine Darth Vader with a throat infection. The 'dump' noise, as you put it, is louder due to the sound being able to escape through the exposed filter (stock airbox is a closed unit) so you'll be grinin' from ear to ear with the noise.

I know I was [:D]

In the words of Maury Finkle - DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cheers tabs u put me in a wiked mood now, gonna order one 2 nite now! would do it now but got no card on me [:(]

When you ordered your carbonio how long did it take to arrive (Impatient man here)

There supposed to give off the most awsome suking sound from under the hood under hard acceleration CANT WAIT [H]

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
If you want to add some noise to your petrol engine why not buy an
ecotek valve, these valves increase acceleration in the flatspots in
high revs and also the harder you drive your car the better mpg it
gives you, my dads got 2 in his 330ci and it has improved the
performance at high revs and it does give a nice noise when taken to
the redline or anything above 3500rpm.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
sonny what is this valve you speak of ?! The harder you drive the better the MPG ?!?! [:D]

How does this valve work, where does it go ect??

Are the expensive, as all good things are [:(]
The valve is an ecotek valve, it works via the brake servo pipe, you
have to cut the pipe and fit the valve between the cut, it only costs
about ?50-60 but its worth the money imho. heres the site if you want
to look more into it. www.ecotekplc.com

Also for diesel owners like me, the valve doesn't work with diesel for some reason. Hope this helps.

Sonny

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
The 330ci that we own has 2 ecotek valves because when you go over 2.6l
engine size you need to have two but anyway in that car it has improved
its performance in high end revs but it may work better with a cold air
induction kit like we have in the 330ci. The mpg has increased it gives
20-30 miles per ?20.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.