Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what it was, but OMFG!!

Coming back from Thorpe Park a few weeks back, I saw and heard some sort of pick up truck. Im pretty sure it was American, no license plates, plus it was bright red.

We were in my mates BMW, which can shift, but this hit about 80 in no time at all and sounded like a fighter jet whilst doing so. It had a rounded cab, was brand spanking new . . . and I want one!!

It must have been a Chevvy or something similar. Id love to see a pic of it, I know Im being a bit vague, but it was moving so fast that I could hardly see it.

Ring a bell with anyone??

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had a look at some pics, similar to the Chevy SSR, but beefier looking, might have even been one of those with a kit on. Was not a drop-top either, if it was, it had a metal roof.

There has to be one American truck buff amoungst us . . . ??

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 15/05/2004 19:29:11

I have no idea what that means . . .

You must be a youngster mate [:D]

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Quote: posted by CarlT on 15/05/2004 21:50:45

Ford Lightning ??

Posted Image

If it was that, no suprise! It runs 11s on the quartermile. Could have been a Dodge Ram SR T10? These big trucks are mentally quick...

I borrowed a mates Toyota Tundra 4.7 V8 when I was last in Canada and good god does it shift. Its bigger than a Range Rover (you look down on everyones roof from the cab) and it just FLYs. Unbelievable...

Toyota Tundra (Left) and Dodge Ram SR T10 (Right)

Posted Image
Posted Image

·
Registered
221 Posts
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 15/05/2004 19:29:11

I have no idea what that means . . .

How old do I feel now! The Fall Guy was only the coolest, brown pick up driving, unknown stuntman ever.

Do a google search, you'll see what I mean then.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im only just 20, Fall Guy means nothing to me. The cab section was virtually like a quarter-circle shape, it roared like hell, has a very small badge on the back right, looked a lot like 'V12' but I wouldnt promise.

For something that must weigh about as much as a small country, i was so shocked at how fast it moved.

Here is achallenge, as I said, it looked like a Chevrolet SS-R, but the pics on www.chevrolet.com look way too tame, can anyone find some modded pucs?? Ive trawled the web to no avail.

Maybe one for mikedav?? You seem to have pics of every car ever made . . . lol . . . !!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Quote: posted by spencert on 15/05/2004 22:29:25

They're mental... what happens when you have to go round a corner though !

Not much! you just go straigh on [:D]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Sir SS, have you heard of any of the following:

Automan, Manimal, Knight Rider, MacGyver, Magnum P.I., Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Dukes of Hazzard, The Saint, Airwolf, A-Team, Blue Thunder, Street Hawk, The Incredible Hulk, Miami Vice, Quantum Leap, T J Hooker, "V" (that alien thing), Dempsey and Makepeace, Monkey, The Adventure Game, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Bagpuss, Danger Mouse, Battle of the Planets, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Rentaghost, Will 'o The Wisp, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Hong Kong Fooey, The Moomins, Thunder Cats, Wacky Races, Transformers, Captain Caveman.

For those that remember, it will be 5 pounds for that trip down memory lane [;)]

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't know if this helps you at all, but the SSR is a hardtop convertible. I've seen a few, but I cannot say I've ever really heard one. Wouldn't doubt them to be loud though, part of the whole classic muscle image. Was it the size of one of our small pick ups, a regular size or contractor/red-neck size? Doubt that it is anything Ford puts out, I live ten minutes away from the truck factory in KC, everything coming out of the is angular, not round.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Quote: posted by M4XVW on 16/05/2004 01:04:07

Automan, Manimal, Knight Rider, MacGyver, Magnum P.I., Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Dukes of Hazzard, The Saint, Airwolf, A-Team, Blue Thunder, Street Hawk, The Incredible Hulk, Miami Vice, Quantum Leap, T J Hooker, "V" (that alien thing), Dempsey and Makepeace, Monkey, The Adventure Game, Jamie and the Magic Torch, Bagpuss, Danger Mouse, Battle of the Planets, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Rentaghost, Will 'o The Wisp, Dogtanian and the Three Muskehounds, Hong Kong Fooey, The Moomins, Thunder Cats, Wacky Races, Transformers, Captain Caveman.

For those that remember, it will be 5 pounds for that trip down memory lane [;)]

mmmmmmmm..........Makepeace [}:)]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes to:

Quote: posted by M4XVW on 16/05/2004 01:04:07

Knight Rider, MacGyver, Magnum P.I., Battlestar Galactica, Buck Rogers, Dukes of Hazzard, The Saint, Airwolf, A-Team, Street Hawk, The Incredible Hulk, Miami Vice, Quantum Leap, T J Hooker, Dempsey and Makepeace, Bagpuss, Danger Mouse, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Will 'o The Wisp, Hong Kong Fooey, The Moomins, Thunder Cats, Wacky Races, Transformers, Captain Caveman.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Quote: posted by S1R SS on 16/05/2004 08:57:21

Easy old boys!! Let's not turn this into a assault on my knowledge of pre 1940s Television!!

LOL! Television? You had a television? We had to look through a hole cut in the side of a box with a picture stuck inside. [;)]

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Quote: posted by enigma1992 on 16/05/2004 09:19:45

Quote: posted by S1R SS on 16/05/2004 08:57:21

Easy old boys!! Let's not turn this into a assault on my knowledge of pre 1940s Television!!

LOL! Television? You had a television? We had to look through a hole cut in the side of a box with a picture stuck inside. [;)]

Lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts