Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Yeah, you push the button marked ASR on the dash Liam [:D]

You need to get yourself down to maplins is you would like to make the above a perminate feature when you start the car up.

Clicky

Or if you have a customer visting with VAGCOM, you could set in the ECU according to Vortex

Clicky 2

·
Registered
2,357 Posts
Quote: posted by tinter on 22/01/2005 08:27:46

thank you rf

Now to find a vagcom user

Shouldn't that be a vagcom customer ? [:D] [:D]

Have a look in the VAGCOM forum to see if you have any members near by.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm sure mine has never worked from day 1 anyway, put it this way ASR on/off makes sweet FA difference to any wheelspin !

·
Registered
361 Posts
Forget turning it off completly,..get a Powerflex dog bone and stop it hopping about !!

?15 and 5 mis to fit, even for a window washer like yourself Liam !

LOL

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ade i'll have you know iv been a good boy this week and marks let me polish the windows

why would a front wheel drive car NEED asr. think about it your flying into a corner and start to drift we worst thing you can do is lift off so your ASR kicks in [:O] and around comes the back end. So the only reason i can think off is to stop initial wheel spin when pulling off. [:(!] Yeah right 1st gear spin second gear spin and in the wet a little in 3rd gear i hate it iv nearly smashed my golf up twice due to this stupid addition. Tell you what mr VW keep the asr and spend the money used to build and develop this system and spend it on better brakes, Better head light, Or update your badging systems so people can tell whats under the bonnet without using the colour of the badges in a specific order mixed with the location of the moon at a specific time min's before regerstration to find out if its a 130hp or 150hp

Just an idea [;)]

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If he can nok it off that would be great Whats he charge?

Essex escy i think it stands for anti spin reduction or something like that its crap anyway

·
Registered
432 Posts
Anyone know how the ASR works?

I haven't got the button on mine, so i aint got it, but can it be added. Or is it mechanics

HardeepG

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
it is traction control........

but what does it TECHNICALLY do......

cos when i wobble the wheel from side to side, then turn ASR off, everything feels a lot looser...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote: posted by Essex Escy on 06/02/2005 21:41:56

but what does it ACTUALLY do?

Absolutely nothing.

Lights up a pretty light on the dash whilst your front wheels are spinning though [:D]

·
I ain't no effin padawan
1,429 Posts
it uses the ABS sensors to see if the front wheels are spinning faster than the rears. If they are it reduces torque request until the wheels stop spinning.

EDL is the problem. I've turned EDL off with vag com, and ASR now works quite effectively. It reduces wheelspin (doesn't remove it)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts