Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had the r32 for 1 year. There are now 11k miles on it.

I have been offered exactly what I paid for it, in trade-in for a Crossfire (very sexy [:eek:)] )

So should I do it????

Comments please!

·
Registered
512 Posts
For a Crossfire - no IMHO

But its YOU that will be driving the car mate!

I am thinking the same, have been for a while now. These good trade in offers wont last forever, and Audi offered me what I want against ANY of thier cars.

But then I look at the R32 sitting in my driveway and I just cant bring myself to part with it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Crossfire!! As in Chrysler??? Nasty car in my opinion [B)]

Chrysler also have terrible build quality issues and very poor reliability. I personally wouldnt entertain the idea - the R32 is a much better car by miles.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Dont relate the Crossfire to any of Chrylsers other cars - its an SLK with a new shell, and is really well put together - a good sound car but just not to my taste - look wrong - but then some people like that different look!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 10/06/2004 15:48:53

Dont relate the Crossfire to any of Chrylsers other cars - its an SLK with a new shell, and is really well put together - a good sound car but just not to my taste - look wrong - but then some people like that different look!

I dont like Mercedes either [:eek:)][:p]

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love a TT 3.2 DSG but they will be changing pretty soon.

The crossfire seemed the next best.

·
Registered
512 Posts
If you like it then get one! DOnt listen to us, we wont be driving it. I do agree its a striking car visually, I just wouldnt own one. They are not selling very well, so dealers are bending over backwards to shift them as apparently they have stock coming out of thier ***.

Not a fan of the 350Z?

·
Registered
10,630 Posts
I've been thinking along the same lines too Martyn..

I saw/sat in the Crossfire at the motorshow, and it didn't do it for me I'm afraid..

The 350Z with Nismo Aero Kit was very nice though, albeit in a max power or chest wig kinda way..

Personally I want to get maybe an RS3 or a 911 for my next car, but both those cars are quite some way away..

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Martyn I'm sorry but I just don't like the front of those crossfires, the bonnet is not to my taste at all. On a second note If you are selling up would you consider selling me your boot build [:D] Please [:D]

·
Registered
226 Posts
Quote: posted by Tom R32 on 10/06/2004 16:13:56

Funny how a fair few of us R boys are thinking of moving on.

Im not... only just got it.... but I may consider changing for the MK5 GTI

·
Registered
666 Posts
I honestly don't give a toss about the resale value.

I'll keep it as long as I want it then get something else before the warranty runs out.

It does eveything I need (cruises very well but is great fun on the twisties, looks aggressive but subtle, scares Barry boys, has a good boot, etc, etc), wasn't too pricey and is a VW.

Could be something pretty eeevil the way work is going by the time I change it (I hope)[:D]

·
Registered
837 Posts
Crossfire - no no. Don't like them myself. 350Z however, yes please. Really really nice cars. Or if you can settle with a 4-pot then go for a Honda S2000. The new 2004 models are really really nice now that Honda have ironed out all the niggles.

I'm also thinking of selling my R32 and it's not because I want to change it. Its just that I started a new job this week and am now doing 85 miles a day (was 10 before) and am chewing my way through Optimax like there's no tomorrow. ?300 a month on fuel is just a waste. I feel a TDI could be coming my way....

·
Registered
666 Posts
Don't quite understand why you're all looking to change.

Are you just bored?

The cars you're looking at are either inferior or a looong way off production.

Strange.

·
Registered
107 Posts
The cars you're looking at are either inferior or a looong way off production.

Strange.

[xx(] Depends what you want it for -

350Z is mean !! Would out run the R on the track any day of the week -

[}:)]

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Quote: posted by Martyn on 10/06/2004 15:57:10

I would love a TT 3.2 DSG but they will be changing pretty soon.

My partner bought a TT 3.2 DSG last month - near new for about ?25k.

All the right bits - crystal nappa - very sexy 3.2-only dark grey - bose, etc.

He did this just to spite me i reckon - after i told him the new TT would be coming out soon.

This is, in fact, the new TT........from my magazine cover:

Posted Image

1 - 20 of 30 Posts