Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have a Hydra FlexiBlade and I personally find it great as it can halve the time it takes to dry the car. Quite a lot of people on here rate them too, but you have to be careful in case you get something caught on it as you can end up scrapping it across the car and damaging the paint work if your not careful.

Personal after every stroke over the car I wipe the surface of the blade over with a clean damp chamois.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys sounds good might have to give it a go. Any brand you would recomend???? cheers nick

·
Registered
285 Posts
The one I use is the AutoGlym Hydra FlexiBlade, but then I got mine free from the rep when I used to work in the trade. I think that there two styles though an older one and the newer one. The older style ones have a T shaped end, where as the newers seem to have little fins/blades

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I wouldnt be able to live without mine.

Having a black one, using just a leather leaves horrid watermarks, usings blade makes these almost a none event.

The one I have is a KENT one, with a T shaped end, as said before, always wipe after each pass though in case you picked up some grit/crud which could damage the paint.

Think I paid about ?8 for mine

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
invaluable in the drying of a car........if done right, you could get away without toweling or chammying depending on how quick you want to be.

personnally i always "towel" too.......

and those who have seen my car know that it gives good results, and dont scratch.

the blade wont scratch......grit under it will.

·
Registered
464 Posts
im not keen, they make to much squeeking noise when they drag accross the paint, i prefer to sheet the water off the car with an open hose stream, then dry with a pakshak drying towel

shaun

1 - 20 of 37 Posts