Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,941 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys and girls!

Just letting you all know that we now have in stock the Shallow hybrid sumps for the 1.8 20v Turbo engines!

Posted Image

Please see our website here for further details.

If you wish to order, give myself or Mike a buzz on 0161 776 0777 (opt1)

·
Registered
506 Posts
As these shallow sumps have no prevision for the oil level sensor, what do you do with the sensor when one of these sumps is fitted??

I take it, leave the sensor connected to the loom, secure it somewhere and code it out?

·
Vendor
1,041 Posts
Hello,

Apparantly can be switched off in VAG COM. Not sure if you can unplug it, or take it off though. May need leaving on and strpping up out of the way.

Hope this helps.

Dean

·
Registered
506 Posts
Are they on order already, or ordered when a customer orders one?

Just i'm in the process of talking to ProAlloy, about having some baffles fitted to one of these shallow sumps, and once i've sorted out with them if it's possible i'll order one.

·
Registered
731 Posts
I have one of these Brazillian short sumps on my ARX, the oil sensor is tapped into the bottom of the sump plate [Y]

These sumps are also designed for the FWD cars, and will need the oil pipelines modified to fit on the 4x4 cars.

ps

'cos the sump is shallow, baffles shouldn't really be required (less volume in sump, less chance of starvation at bottom end)

These sumps are apparently fitted to Brazillian made 20v T engines destined for the South American market as OE

1 - 9 of 9 Posts