Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right all i've been looking on ebay for a HTC Desire Phone now i've noticed they have been produced with two types of screen Amoled and Super LCD WTF. Which one is the best one to go for? Really i dont want to be asking sellers which screen their phone has?[:O]

Forget about the HD2 in the video.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
AMOLED screen was when Samsung made the screens for HTC but then stopped producing due to supply issues and HTC then started to use the Super LCD.

If anyone has seen the Samsung Galaxy S they use the AMOLED screen which is awesome.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
AMOLED screen was when Samsung made the screens for HTC but then stopped producing due to supply issues and HTC then started to use the Super LCD.

If anyone has seen the Samsung Galaxy S they use the AMOLED screen which is awesome.
Fella thats the info i've been waiting for, now to try and make sure when i purchase one it has the Amoled screen fitted.[Y]

·
Super Moderator
50,259 Posts
The difference between any LCD phone screen and any AMOLED phone screen is like the difference between LCD and plasma tellies in the home.

LCD doesn't make any light of it's own so has to be backlit and loses some of that light as passes through,hence colours are never fully saturated and blacks are only ever dark grey at best.Plasma tellies on the other hand are basically countless tiny neons that generate their own light giving properly saturated colours and blacks that are black.

Even the very best LCD phone screens are still backlit,hence they are difficult to read in even moderate sunlight.AMOLED is similar to plasma in that it makes its own light,but is countless tiny LEDs instead so again will have better colour saturation and is much better in sunlit conditions.

But........the older HTC Desires only had plain AMOLED (like my Omnia 2 had) and NOT the Super AMOLED that the Galaxy S has.It is still better than any LCD screens I've seen which are now at the limit of how far they can be improved.

Chris.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi there thanks for the info so if i by a HTC Desire it doesn't really matter what screen it has fitted then? I've looked at the Galaxy S its a fantastic phone but it just looks abit too big to me some fantastic applications on it i may consider it, must admit it is growing on me.

·
Super Moderator
50,259 Posts
The strange thing is i thought the HTC Desire was smaller than what it actually is compare the two so know i dont know which one to go for.

;

Looks like swings and roundabouts to me and it's impossible to say one phone is better than the other with the exception of the Samsung having the better display.I know it's difficult to tell when watching a video cameras version of it,but I've compared the two in real life and I think the slightly bigger handset is worth it for the better screen,the only thing that lets it down is the lack of flash for the camera.

Chris.

·
I ate a big red candle !!
10,384 Posts
Alright mate, i have the HTC Desire HD and cant really get used to it as i have never been a fan of touch screens. Im going to cancel my contract as i have only had it a few days as theres a 7 day cooling off period and try and get the Blackberry Torch. If they wont let me do it then i will be selling the HTC.

·
10,384 Posts
Just cant get used to the touch screen texting. Much prefer a keypad like the Blackberry Bold i have got. I fancied something different which is why i went for the HTC Desire HD and its a great phone. Just a shame i can get used to it. Also the battery life aint great as im charging it twice a day.

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Something not right with either model of the HTC Desire/HD there so many for sale on ebay its ridiculous i think im going to wait a little maybe i'll be able to buy a HD one £250 or less in a few weeks the way its looking.[:DD]

Edit i managed to buy a brand new HTC Desire non HD for a very good price with Amoled Screen if i dont like it i will be able to sell it on no problem.

·
10,384 Posts
Just exchanged my HTC Desire HD for a Blackberry Bold 9780. Was going to go for the torch but seen mixed reviews so went for the 9780 in white.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.