Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm driving my little 1.4 and fuel prices are killing me. I'm an about-to-graduate student and the thought of filling the tank for ?55 is terrifying.

So how do all you 1.8, v6, 4mo guzzlers manage? I'm taking a wild guess that you didn't buy those cars to drive economically [:)]

·
Registered
5,416 Posts
I know how you feel mate, im a college student and today i ended up
picking up my mates and made them pay for the petrol lol ?2 a head aint
bad lol as i had my reserve light just about to come on.

Sat

·
Registered
1,021 Posts
im paying 50p per 10litres more than what i was a few months a go

its not much.

so for a full tank it will be 2 pounds 75p more. your not going to
burst the bank with that now. i know it all adds up.. but still. i dont
know what all the fuss is about.

(im a poor 20 yr old apprentice and even i dont see much impact on the bank account driving around my 1.8t)

·
Registered
343 Posts
im a student driving a 1.8t, and to be honest, I dont even think about the fuel prices that much. It's just a case of putting 20 quid in whenever its needed.

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Fine for me, then again I'm paying 75p/l (Just smells like a chip
shop!). Thats on the Rover which is the primary ride at the moment.

I haven't filled the Golf up for about a month now although I'm not
looking forward to the ?1+ litre price tag for Optimax - glad I don't
use it (much).

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
I am a 2 tank a week man = ?100 or therabouts. Luckily I have a company fuel card so the cars thirst is only a worry in the income tax department. I only pay 40% of my personal mileage fuel [y]

·
Registered
3,934 Posts
Fine for me, then again I'm paying 75p/l (Just smells like a chip shop!). Thats on the Rover which is the primary ride at the moment.
Naturally you claim for all the chip shop fat you use [;)]

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
putting in about ?250-300 a month in my baby :)

Although that could increase if I decide to try out some 102Octane BP from MK..

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
I've decided to do something useful with all these high prices - I now share th elidt to work - me one week, her the other. It's a 1.2 Corsa, but then it's also an extra ?50-80 in my pocket every month!

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Its made me realise that I should keep the Diesel as I'm now doing about 10K a year, up from 7,000.....

50+ mpg in this milder weather!

If i do sell my GT TDi I think I want more for it than two months ago !!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
Fine for me, then again I'm paying 75p/l (Just smells like a chip shop!). Thats on the Rover which is the primary ride at the moment.
Naturally you claim for all the chip shop fat you use [;)]
Hey I'm legal and above board! It has fuel tax already rolled in to the cost - I buy it from a local business who produce it from WVO.

How long it will stay at 75p/l is anyones guess though, I can see taxation going up on that soon. Some places are also selling it for 79p/l as well.

·
Registered
752 Posts
I went to get fuel last night at Sainsbury's and normal unleaded was at 91.9p, and Super was at 93.9, I decided to go for the super as the 93.9 price tag was the same that Shell were charging for their normal unleaded... Diesel was at 94.9 at Sainsbury's.

Seems to go up and down here daily... mostly up though..

·
Registered
1,903 Posts
My derve is chilling at home whilst I drive my company car, and the company pay for my petrol via expenses, no doubt I will feel it in my tax !

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
you won't feel it in tax, CJ - provide you fill out an S198 ( i think its now an S236 ) claim which proves that your expenses have been claimed back from your employer and are not a benefit in kind.

I have the same - I don;t even look at the price when I feel up the golf as I don't pick up the bill. But i noticed Optimax at 101.9 yesterday[:O]

·
Registered
4,628 Posts
I have the same - I don;t even look at the price when I feel up the golf as I don't pick up the bill. But i noticed Optimax at 101.9 yesterday[:O]
"You DIRTY old man" </steptoeson> and yeah it sucks, Optimax is now 100.9 here, and I'm NOT happy!!!! [:(]

Running up to Tesco later to see what the super is up there [:(]

C

1 - 20 of 67 Posts