Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just reminded me of last years .. and it was cracking day and by far and away the best ever organised RR day.. just wandering if there would be demand for another... would be great too have something too look forward too after Christmas again

·
Super Moderator
9,133 Posts
I might be up for it depending on dates/finances etc.

Havent been to one before and would be good to know what the car is putting out (is only standard :()

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
I agree it was a great day, met a whole heap of people at long last and I would be interested in going again, but;

1. I have no real desire to do much more dyno time - the car has done so much I'm concious of the stress it gets put under, and I'm shortly to be having it mapped for the big injectors.
  2. It would depend on the rest of the Southern contingent and whether a good road trip was planned as that was half the fun.
  3. At Awesome last time it was "agreed" that the Northerners would make the trip South for the next leg - and then no-one turned up to the Power Engineering day. As it happens, that dyno day was very disappointing so you didn't miss out! [:mad:]

James

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
I may be up for this depending on location as awesome is 270 miles from margate and that's only one way ! [:O]

I'll decide nearer the time though.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I might be up for it depending on dates/finances etc.

Havent been to one before and would be good to know what the car is putting out (is only standard :()
My thoughts exactly, apart from the standard bit, thats why I'm quite keen

Carl

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I agree it was a great day, met a whole heap of people at long last and I would be interested in going again, but;

1. I
    have no real desire to do much more dyno time - the car has done so
    much I'm concious of the stress it gets put under, and I'm shortly to
    be having it mapped for the big injectors.
  2. It would depend on the rest of the Southern contingent and whether a good road trip was planned as that was half the fun.
  3. At
    Awesome last time it was "agreed" that the Northerners would make the
    trip South for the next leg - and then no-one turned up to the Power
    Engineering day. As it happens, that dyno day was very
    disappointing so you didn't miss out! [:mad:]

James
i
think the thing is its timing... the PE day was in the middle of summer
and thus people have things booked.. and are already attending loads of
shows etc. i think the northern contingent woould be able to do it if
its in a quite time of the year like january or february as per
the awesome day...

really we should put the arm on
the tuning houses to give us the best deal... you know maybe a joint
group buy on wheel alignement or some other service like that.. so its
not just about dyno days... maybe money of stuff bought on the day.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Fair enough Andy. I'm coming round to the idea [:D]. I think that Awesome would have to take pole position for a repeat event - the pricing was fine, it was well organised, good viewing area inside, shop with shiny things, big yard out back for milling around, local test circuit[;)] and also importantly the dyno results were credible and consistent.

Hopefully we'll get some interest. Come on CkB, Kev (hope you still have the car mate!), Neo, Nosaj, Ting Tong, Claire, Sem etc etc!! Lets get us a convoy.[H]

EDIT: For anyone who didn't go last time, the results including videos are still hosted on Awesome's site Clicky

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
Fair enough Andy. I'm coming round to the idea [:D]. I think that Awesome would have to take pole position for a repeat event - the pricing was fine, it was well organised, good viewing area inside, shop with shiny things, big yard out back for milling around, local test circuit[;)] and also importantly the dyno results were credible and consistent.

Hopefully we'll get some interest. Come on CkB, Kev (hope you still have the car mate!), Neo, Nosaj, Ting Tong, Claire, Sem etc etc!! Lets get us a convoy.[H]

EDIT: For anyone who didn't go last time, the results including videos are still hosted on Awesome's site Clicky
Kev's sold RS Golf now, J. I'm sure we can get a group together though. Is there really nowhere else in the midlands for example we could go ? What bout that place near silverstone that was being mooted ? Or did that fall through cos they couldn't do the haldex without pulling fuses, iirc ?

·
Registered
513 Posts
Andy

Id be well up for that as i missed the last one and was really gutted. so alsong as im not working on the arranged date i'll be a deffinate.

P.s. Deffinatly keep it at Awesome, we never get anything happening up this way[:(]

Jambo

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd go so keep it at awsome and i'll trek down from blackpool,

I noticed someone saying they didn't want it to damage there car, is it not just the same as ragging your car? which i do quiet frequently anyway? or is it worse i dont understand.

Had a quick look on the awsome link above to check out prievous golf RR's not really sure if any of them where AGU's like mine? would be interested to see. Also most figures were as aniticpated but there where a couple of really low ones like 168bhp from a rmaped 1.8t i would be mortified why did they get so little

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
You can still run a 4WD car on the 2WD setup, just means disabling the Haldex.

I'm up for another one in January but do agree that it should be more centrally located, as to ask people to trek up north again would be a bit much.

Depending how the RR at Midland VW goes we could use that for the January warm up?

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts
yep, I know that. And Jody is great guy - incredibly enthusiastic and has a real love for his job !

PS - Mark is that a piccy of your Anni on steelies in this month PVW ? Can't remember your reg plate [:S]

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
You can still run a 4WD car on the 2WD setup, just means disabling the Haldex.

I'm up for another one in January but do agree that it should be more centrally located, as to ask people to trek up north again would be a bit much.

Depending how the RR at Midland VW goes we could use that for the January warm up?
Sounds like a plan to me Batman ! [Y]

·
Premium Member
25,430 Posts
yep, I know that. And Jody is great guy - incredibly enthusiastic and has a real love for his job !

PS - Mark is that a piccy of your Anni on steelies in this month PVW ? Can't remember your reg plate [:S]
Sure it's mine? Plate starts with 'FH' - famous at last [:D]

·
Registered
7,468 Posts

yup it's yours. 2nd time this year as there was a pic of it on the Inters stand in a previous issue [:D]

I might well be up for a do on the rolling road anyway, depends if I've had the cambelt done by then though

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts

yup it's yours. 2nd time this year as there was a pic of it on the Inters stand in a previous issue [:D]

I might well be up for a do on the rolling road anyway, depends if I've had the cambelt done by then though
phew ! My brain still just about works

·
Super Moderator
15,990 Posts

phew ! My brain still just about works

1 - 20 of 94 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.