Volkswagen Mark IV Forum banner
641 - 648 of 648 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
I changed mine years ago as my Gamma never really worked properly. I kept the speakers the same, but fitted an Alpine with iPod dock.

·
Registered
266 Posts
Gamma has very bad sound output, even with amp. I had Blaupunkt Gamma.
As imagewerx told long time ago, it sounds somehow flat, everything is there, but it missing something

Tried with Pioneer Head Unit, much more improvement, but with MFD D I heard real improvement over Gamma and Pioneer HU. So much clear sound, that I couldn't believe.
One minus on MFD there isn't custom audio settings like in Pioneer. HPF, EQ, Rear channels bridged for small Subwoofer, etc.

·
Registered
13 Posts
hi thanks for all the replies , Being a masochist i'm going to persevere a while longer with the stock h/u. im thinking that the dab/bluetooth adaptor i'm using in place of the cd changer may be a cause so im thinking of a four channel loc via the speaker outputs as there is no breakthrough using the stock wiring, using the rcas on the line out adator, connected to earplugs the breakthrough is horrible even with all the amp wiring disconnected.

·
Super Moderator
50,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #644 ·
hi thanks for all the replies , Being a masochist i'm going to persevere a while longer with the stock h/u. im thinking that the dab/bluetooth adaptor i'm using in place of the cd changer may be a cause so im thinking of a four channel loc via the speaker outputs as there is no breakthrough using the stock wiring, using the rcas on the line out adator, connected to earplugs the breakthrough is horrible even with all the amp wiring disconnected.
You could spend weeks on this and not get anywhere,I know people who've tried the same things and one guy even ended up making it worse.Good luck,but be prepared for the worst.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi All, update on the Gamma amp project, tried the speaker output into a 2 channel loc and it works!! no noise breakthrough even with the dab/ bluetooth in, and a definite increase in sound over stock.....early days as i have a four channel loc in the post , using the aux wire from the line out adaptor even the amp switches on/off with the radio !!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Morning Chris / All,

Been on the site for a few months, trying to learn as much as I can having bought a 2003 Mk4 TDI earlier in the year. Of the MANY faults I've been playing with, the one that has me stumped at the moment is related to aftermarket audio. I've no real experience with electrics or vw's, despite having owned a lot of older cars, but,.. having opted to remove the factory BETA head and CD units I have tried to fit a single din Philips head unit (CEM3000B/05) that i believed should be an easy swap wiring wise. The ISO plugs in the car fitted straight into the unit no problem (I will need an aerial adaptor however), and all seemed well as the unit powered on and played media fine, BUT.. when plugged in, the interior lights of the car no longer function, neither does the central locking!? Additionally I hear some sort of audio click when the ignition is turned on, and when the key is removed from the barrel!! I've spent many hours reading the above thread, but the issues I'm experiencing don't really seem to be highlighted?

I acknowledge it is probably something extremely obvious, but any assistance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

641 - 648 of 648 Posts